amuck-landowner

24khost, where are you?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
To be fair, we never "dumped" anyone.  We offered free hosting for a month to all their shared/reseller customers and offered an avenue for you to obtain your data.   We never arranged to take on any shared/reseller customers because we don't offer CPanel shared hosting services.

We also never dumped VPS clients.  We sent emails regarding offers and asked for a deposit.  For example, if they had 6 months of their year left, we asked them to pay for an additional year and we would honor 18 months of service, or offered a plan that was viable for us.  We found about half of the customers weren't even using their service anymore, so it made sense for us to do that as we are no longer reserving resources for clients who moved on after the initial downtime or never used their service to begin with.
I like devonblzx!  Good reply.

DeanClinton, I feel for you..  how many dineros were you paid up on and owed?

DeanClinton

I paid $88.73 to JJ at the end of May for a year's service (company name on their PayPal was SoSoLabs).

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I paid $88.73 to JJ at the end of May for a year's service (company name on their PayPal was SoSoLabs).
How much space did you get with that?

Reason for me asking is that I see a potential win-win situation. Depending on disk, I'm looking for someone I "know" that can help out testing the reseller packages I will offer. In return you will get cheap hosting and probably make up what you lost in prepayment for the rest of the year.

Interested? Let me know.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Well, you can't really argue with it. "we will give you your data and help you if you pay us for 1 year in advance"
Martin, please don't make things up.  All of their customers were online and given free time even if they did not choose to accept our offer.  We even worked out extensions for those who contacted us back and asked for it.   We did not hold anyone's data hostage.  It is funny that the only one complaining about our way of handling things is you, not their VPS customers.  You might want to be more professional and unbiased if you're going to be an administrator of a forum.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
and for once (I duck to avoid flying objects)...

Truly, 24khost should be the radar target or Sosolabs.

Any time a provider goes tits-up and someone is kind enough to rescue the poor customers I have tons of respect for them -- even if I have unproven suscipions about the ownership / arrangement :)

Wish more customers of the former would have found perma homes with @devonblzx, but it's not his model to match the plans folks had.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Martin, please don't make things up.  All of their customers were online and given free time even if they did not choose to accept our offer.  We even worked out extensions for those who contacted us back and asked for it.   We did not hold anyone's data hostage.  It is funny that the only one complaining about our way of handling things is you, not their VPS customers.  You might want to be more professional and unbiased if you're going to be an administrator of a forum.
I'm not making anything up - I'm going by what has been posted by some members and what has been said elsewhere like IRC for example. I'm not even having a go at you - I was having a go at "JJ" or whatever it was that was 'running' 24KHost before it all went tits up. However, some folk are saying that you've basically told them they have to sign up with you for a further year to get their data - *I* think that's a crap move on your part if true.

Being an Admin on here doesn't mean I can't form an opinion so you'd do well to keep your opinions/guidance on that front well and truly in your own court.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
I'm not making anything up - I'm going by what has been posted by some members and what has been said elsewhere like IRC for example. I'm not even having a go at you - I was having a go at "JJ" or whatever it was that was 'running' 24KHost before it all went tits up. However, some folk are saying that you've basically told them they have to sign up with you for a further year to get their data - *I* think that's a crap move on your part if true.

Being an Admin on here doesn't mean I can't form an opinion so you'd do well to keep your opinions/guidance on that front well and truly in your own court.
If it was truly customers who stated that we held their data hostage then where are they?  Certainly if they were that upset, they would have spoken up on here.  We never took any customers offline before the offers were sent out and gave a clear time frame if they did not respond back to us.

It was definitely a comment directed at me and RockMyWeb, both of the recent comments were, as they were pointed towards the company who was rescuing.  Let those people speak up if they have an issue, but you as a third party, do not have the information required and are not portraying anything accurately.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Forgive me - clearly your arrogance knows no bounds and your immense ego knows more about my intentions than I do.

I bow to your superior knowledge and, dare I say, narcissistic personality.

Last edited by a moderator:

zzrok

Forgive me - clearly your arrogance knows no bounds and your immense ego knows more about my intentions than I do.

I bow to your superior knowledge and, dare I say, narcissistic personality.
Dude, you are way too angry given your third-party relationship with this event.  Chill out.  All you have to go on is heresay.

amuck-landowner