amuck-landowner

50+ Used Western Digital RE4 500GB

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Been selling our old hardware on eBay and having decent success, but figured I'd give everyone here a chance at it.  All of these drives were pulled from working service and have since been formatting through DBAN and tested for bad blocks.  They're all in good working order.

I currently have well over 50 (and in about a week will have upwards of 80) 500GB RE4 enterprise drives.  These are all in warranty through at least 2015 with WD.

http://i.imgur.com/kbaKkYL.jpg

They've been going for $40-50 on eBay, so lets say $40 each + $5 shipping for a single drive.  If you buy bulk of 20 drives they'll be sent in an OEM 20-drive box.

If you want to order more than 1 but less than 20, contact me for shipping details.  Less than 20 drive orders will be sent via USPS priority mail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Bump.  Still have plenty of drives.  Thanks to those who have purchased some.

concerto49

Verified Provider
I've been buying new 1tb RE4's for as low as $67 per on Amazon. Sometimes can snag them for a good deal.
A lot of those Amazon offers aren't actually new drives. Seen plenty of reports unless it'a Amazon direct and not via a partner.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
A lot of those Amazon offers aren't actually new drives. Seen plenty of reports unless it'a Amazon direct and not via a partner.
Yeah gotta be careful with the vendors some try funky stuff. A few of the vendors appear to be shipping Dell drives and calling them new.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
So only formatted? There might be a lot of interesting data on those disks, then.  ;)

I am not trying to be a dick or anything...it's just discerning that no measures were taken to make sure the data was wiped from the disks. Formatting a disk leaves the data intact, ready to be extracted, with ease. Just a thought!

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
So only formatted? There might be a lot of interesting data on those disks, then.  ;)

I am not trying to be a dick or anything...it's just discerning that no measures were taken to make sure the data was wiped from the disks. Formatting a disk leaves the data intact, ready to be extracted, with ease. Just a thought!
They were obviously not just formatted.  The've been wiped with Darik's Boot n Nuke after being in a RAID array.  Good luck recovering the data ;)

Come on, I'm not just going to format disks and send them out ;)

All of these drives were pulled from working service and have since been formatting through DBAN and tested for bad blocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner