amuck-landowner

96MB and smaller lowend VPS packages - the offer list

sleddog

A 64 Mb OVZ VPS works just fine as personal PPTP or SSH VPN, DNS server, uptime monitor. After installing a minimal Debian template, no special precautions are needed. 

It can be used to host many further services, but with limitations. 
I've had several sub-128MB VPSs and (with one exception) they've been big disappointments. It seems many providers sell these packages as "fillers" to squeeze a few more dollars out of a full node. And then apply cpulimiting or whatever. The result is performance that's all over the place, acceptable one minute, horrible the next.

If you're just passing traffic through it then it might be OK, but if you want to host a service on it then, well, buyer beware.

Last edited by a moderator:

fixidixi

Well i always tought about lowendbox-es as playgrounds where i can host my various stuff. but im always creating backups from content and configs in case anything happens. and if id have to host a "service" on them id have at least 3 of them as a ha cluster just in case..

if you want to host a service on it then, well, buyer beware.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Thanks for all the recommendations.  I am going to get them all in a big list later.

Keep the recommendations coming!

vRozenSch00n

goddamn that's the worst company name since DireVPS
My best guess is it should have been trafficservers, but when he registered the domain name he typed too fast and missed the "f" letter and just checkout and pay.   :p

amuck-landowner