Accounting Software

Discussion in 'Operating a Hosting Business' started by InertiaNetworks-John, Jul 3, 2016.

1. InertiaNetworks-John

InertiaNetworks-John Inertia Networks, LLC Verified Provider

May 23, 2013
    I'm looking to move away from QuickBooks Pro to something a bit more open, and I'd like to hear your suggestions!

Invoicing and client management are not needed, I am just looking for something to put expenses into categories and track income.

I love the bank feeds feature of QuickBooks because I do not have to type every transaction in manually. I am looking for something that can support that as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. DamienSB

DamienSB Active Member Verified Provider

Mar 24, 2013
    I use quickbooks online plus. Haven't had any problems with it other than the API is awful to work with. We do billing/invoice out of WHMCS and nightly import into quickbooks.

You can use sage50 (ugly, hard to use) or GNUcash (not recommended) 

InertiaNetworks-John likes this.
  3. DomainBop

DomainBop Dormant VPSB Pathogen

Oct 11, 2013
    Xero would probably fit your needs: easy migration from Quickbooks, hundreds of addon integration modules (including WHMCS), etc.  Not free though.  Xero bank feeds

Wave Accounting has a free version and bank feeds support.

Open source: GnuCash, TurboCash,  FrontAccounting, xTuple Postbooks, Odoo (Accounting module add in), LedgerSMB.

4. InertiaNetworks-John

InertiaNetworks-John Inertia Networks, LLC Verified Provider

May 23, 2013
    I was looking at Odoo today. Very nice software, but you have to buy a min of 5 users ($1500/yr). Quite the jump from QB.

Xero looks nice, but their bank feeds seem to function in a different way, in which they need to have an agreement with your bank in order to use it. (Instead of downloading a file into QB) Still something to look into, thanks for the suggestion.

5. SafehouseCloud

SafehouseCloud New Member Verified Provider

Dec 4, 2015
    Quickbooks online works great for us in Singapore. Nice daily cronjob that sync it with WHCMS. 

6. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member Verified Provider

Dec 22, 2015
    we just use quickbooks online with an integration into whmcs seems to work fine have not had any issues with it.

7. web-project

web-project Member Verified Provider

Jan 28, 2014
    we do use our own solution, perfect fit our needs.

8. copperhost

copperhost New Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Your best bet is to get a custom made solution or you can try and use Peachtree

and with any purchased software there will be limitations

9. River

River Member Verified Provider

May 3, 2015
    I use GNUCash. I'd recommend taking a look at it.

10. farhanideas

farhanideas Member

Dec 10, 2014
    QuickBooks merchandise are geared principally toward tiny and medium-sized businesses and provide on-premises accounting applications additionally as cloud based mostly versions that settle for business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions.

11. ParkInHost

ParkInHost Member Verified Provider

Dec 14, 2014
    You can try Zoho. Its pretty good too.

12. River

River Member Verified Provider

May 3, 2015
    I've never liked any of the Zoho suite, but that's just my 2 cents.

13. Clouvider-Dom

Clouvider-Dom Member Verified Provider

Aug 12, 2014
    Xero with EdgeHosting module for WHMCS - best you can get.