amuck-landowner

Android watches

danni

Hey guys,

So Im currently looking at the moto 360, since its now on sale at a pretty decent price tag.

Any of you who currently own it? Thoughts?

(I know that they are currently making the 2. gen of the 360)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Oh I bet I know someone with first hand experience with Android watches. @KMyers, what say ye?

I'm not a big fan of 'smart watches' in general, but I will say that I like that the Moto 360 is round and therefore looks like every watch that I've owned as an adult. Only time I have had non-round watches was as a child.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMyers

Hey guys,

So Im currently looking at the moto 360, since its now on sale at a pretty decent price tag.

Any of you who currently own it? Thoughts?

(I know that they are currently making the 2. gen of the 360)
Good Afternoon,

I am a huge fan of Android Smartwatches and have owned a few personally. Although I do like the look of the Moto 360, I have heard some users complaining that the watch's battery life tends to fall short of expectations. If you want a "Round" watchface, the best one out there right now is the LG G Watch R or the LG G Watch Urbane. The Urbane is quite pricey. 

I am currently using the Sony SmartWatch 3 and am very happy with it. It is one of the few watches with its own built in GPS and is very durable. Unlike all other android Wear watches, it is also the only one that uses a standard MicroUSB charger so there is no need to carry around a special charging dock with you on trips. The Sony SmartWatch 3 also has the best battery life measurements around. 

I am tempted to pickup the LG Watch Urbane in a few weeks to have a formal watch to wear with a suit. 

danni

Thanks for the reply KMyers,

For me personally the "best design" watches atm, I feel is the Moto 360 and the (not realaesed yet?) Huawei Smartwatch - Both gorgeous imho.

I've read great things about the LG watches (batteri especially), but Im just not sold on the looks :/

What features do you use the most? (sms, email, maps etc., and how well do they function?)

KMyers

What features do you use the most? (sms, email, maps etc., and how well do they function?)
There are several things I use my watch for(in order of use).

• Android SmartLock (I never have to worry about entering a password when I am near my phone) 
  • Google Now Cards
  • Responding to Hangouts and SMS
  • Viewing e-mail (useful when I am in a meeting)
  • Keeping track of appointments on my calendar
  • Knowing when I am outside of the range of my phone
  • Activity Tracker/Pedometer
  • Listening to Music
  • Triggering Tasker Scripts that perform various automation scripts that I have setup. 
  • Toggling my phone's WiFi Hotspot when needed
I typically use Google Glass for GPS so I cant say that I have honestly tried using the watch but I can see how it is better for public transit. 

KMyers

For me personally the "best design" watches atm, I feel is the Moto 360 and the (not realaesed yet?) Huawei Smartwatch - Both gorgeous imho.

I've read great things about the LG watches (batteri especially), but Im just not sold on the looks :/

Just a FYI - Google just announced a sale on the Moto 360 and LG G Watch R where you can save between $50 and $70

https://store.google.com/product/moto_360(Save $70)

https://store.google.com/product/lg_g_watch_r(Save $50)

danni

Last edited by a moderator:

danni

I am not a big fan for android watches, mainly because I don't wanna charge them everyday.
Well the moto 360 does not have the best battery, but If I shutdown mine at night, I can get 2 days out of it :)

Depending on how the new moto will be, I might upgrade it, as I really love i moto 360 :)

William

pr0
Verified Provider
I might look conservative but i use a simple Pebble - Shows me SMS/Mail/Callers and i can control the music player, all i need.

Battery easily works 5-7days.

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
I might be a little crazy, but the first purpose of these wrist devices imo is as a watch.  What the watch does beyond that is icing on the cake, with the Pebble being my cake of choice.

The fact I can wear it / forget to charge it for 5-7 days without much trouble, and it works in daylight really sell it for me.  Granted everyone has a slightly different use for these wrist devices so find the one that works best for you.

web-project

Verified Provider
I had in past Samsung smart watch but became very quick bored with it, right now fancy Apple watch but the price tag is unattractive as at the end of the day it's just watch on hand. 

amuck-landowner