amuck-landowner

Any mirrors needed?

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Are there any repos/mirrors that need more mirrors?

I've already setup an Ubuntu releases mirror at mirror.ubuntu.softgit.com

I have a ton of extra bandwidth and disk space that needs to be used.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Debian mirror at that location would be good.  Unsure if there already is either mirror there.

What all are you mirroring?  Testing branches also?  Updates?  Releases?

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
So far just stable releases for Ubuntu.

I can do whatever is needed for other mirrors. I can do applications/repos as well.

Mun

Never Forget
I host a dotdeb, I guess I could do a debian, but there is already a ton anyways.?. Anyways, any small people need some hosting in US?

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
@Mun - How much space does a dotdeb take?

EDIT - Just found it and I'm mirroring it right now.

@buffalooed - Setting up a Debian mirror right now as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Thanks. PM me the mirror info for Debian @bcalsonmedia.  Will check the repo out.   KC is a little sketchy/back hauled for mirrors.  (Chicago or Dallas).

ElliotJ

Verified Provider
Keep up with new releases, you can always seed ISOs to contribute to the initial surge.

Tails is always looking for a few more web/bittorrent mirrors, especially outside of the EU. When I've been mirroring, it's reached 40MB/sec for hours at a time.

Also, consider running a Tor Relay if you have bandwidth spare.

SilverKnightTech

Verified Provider
@bcarlsonmedia,  I really don't have that answer as in house everything is installed, updated from our mirrors but for some reason we can't seem to get listed as a mirror.  Don't know why, but all in all its still nice to give back, and installs take minutes using an inhouse.  So much nicer.

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
@ElliotJ - Not that I'm agains Tor or anything, I just would rather stay away from it on this particular set of servers. But I just might have another server to mirror off of ;)

How much bandwidth a month do you usually use for that?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Keep up with new releases, you can always seed ISOs to contribute to the initial surge.

Tails is always looking for a few more web/bittorrent mirrors, especially outside of the EU. When I've been mirroring, it's reached 40MB/sec for hours at a time.

Also, consider running a Tor Relay if you have bandwidth spare.
Thanks for Talis :)   I wasn't aware of this project. Looks promising.  Will help them with a mirror.  Slow downloading now :(

ElliotJ

Verified Provider
ow much bandwidth a month do you usually use for that?
This was a few months ago when I had a few high-bandwidth servers free, awaiting cancellation.

The particular server I was mirroring Tails on was unmetered, so the extent of bandwidth monitoring for it was minimal; I'd certainly expect about 5TB bandwidth for peak times (new releases)

If you're in it for the long haul, keep up to date with Linux distro releases, sometimes there are new distros starting up without any real distribution network. Get in contact with them, Ubuntu et al. already have enough people mirroring them.

amuck-landowner