amuck-landowner

AnyNode, Exclusive Trial?

Mun

Never Forget
I'm not mad about the PM at all, I was more over just making sure it wasn't a spam message, as in the past we have had people on LET spam the holy crap out of each other.

Though I make take you up on your offer for lowendhelp.com and vpswiki.us

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I got one two, I don't consider it spam, just a legitimate offer by a provider wanting to get their name out there. So far, actually, I've been impressed with anyNode. After I got the PM I opened a ticket with them asking about their network, panel, and locations. The responses were prompt and informative, and I think there is some potential in this offer. I've taken them up on it.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yeah, not the best way to start off here though I will let it slide. I guess we don't have any rules specifically stating that you should not do that, though I assumed it'd be common knowledge not to do that.

No harm done though. If you wish to post an exclusive trial, limit it to certain people in a public thread. Say, "We're only accepting the first 15 people who are able to pass our system's fraud check and after this slot has been filled the public trial will be closed for a while" or something. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
I'd like to apologise for the unexpected PMs. We were planning to put a small announcement up on Monday but due to an internal communication mixup PMs ended up getting sent today instead.

Tactical

Where is the beer!
Internal communication problems? l like that one. Hahah good one!  Texting while on the toilet cause this?

wlanboy

Content Contributer
No harm done though. If you wish to post an exclusive trial, limit it to certain people in a public thread. Say, "We're only accepting the first 15 people who are able to pass our system's fraud check and after this slot has been filled the public trial will be closed for a while" or something. ;)
I do not have a problem when a company is posting a thread that it will invite 15 people for a test. What is the difference between "the fastest 15" and "the 15 people the company selects"?

Well, if it is not about "the fastest 15" the thread would be quite pointless. Everyone would be moaning that he/she cannot participate. But I don't think the company would be happy with the "fastest 15". Because they will need about 5 times "the fastest 15" to get about 10 people testing and reviewing their stuff as wished.

So the whole drama is that AnyNode is not a well known hoster? And that they missed to post on the introduction thread?

Sometimes I get the feeling that this forum needs one CC drama a week to survive. And if there is no drama a new hoster is picked.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So the whole drama is that AnyNode is not a well known hoster? And that they missed to post on the introduction thread?
The drama was over the unsolicited PMs.

I don't think folks would have handled it differently if it was a known host.   Possibly would have ended up discussing with moderators first and delaying the post.

I like free offers like the next person, but I don't want to encourage advertising in PMs, especially in mass.

I think the AnyNode folks get what to do here onward.

amuck-landowner