amuck-landowner

Are 24khost Servers Down?

loghash

I have two sites hosted with them on a vps server. Seems like the server is down since 1 AM this morning. I cannot reboot or ssh onto it. Raised a ticket as well. 

Is anybody else seeing the same?

Zach

Verified Provider
Must be an outage related to 24khost/Cloud3k specifically.  Not down over here.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8820678&postcount=4

devonblzx said:
We are in the process of replacing a switch on one of our racks that went bad. This left a few of our servers without network connectivity including our personal web/dns server.

Client DNS is hosted on a separate system and are spread out across two datacenters, so most client servers and DNS should be unaffected. I apologize for the delay, emails are not getting through properly.

loghash

Sorry , but are 24khost and Cloud3K the same or owned by the same provider? Coz per the latest update on that thread :

devonblzx online.gif

Web Hosting Master

The majority of systems are back online. One system is in the process of being restarted.

BTW, buffalooed, I got a reply from JJ : "I have been working with the tech we will be getting this moved."

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Sorry , but are 24khost and Cloud3K the same or owned by the same provider? Coz per the latest update on that thread :
'Apparently' they're different and 24khost have separate hardware

Last edited by a moderator:

Damian

Verified Provider
For my service with them in Las Vegas:

Host xxxxxx.ipxcore.com failed the PING check. It is down as of Thu Aug 29 2013 05:43:06 GMT-7.0.

Host xxxxxx.ipxcore.com : PING is back up after 268 minutes of downtime as of Thu Aug 29 2013 10:11:48 GMT-7.0.

It's been going up and down daily for a couple of days, so it's good that they've replaced the issue.

Damian

Verified Provider
I've been their customer since Oct 10 2012 and this is the first occurrence of an extended outage with them. For the price I pay per quarter or whatever, works for me. The application that runs on their network is multi-homed and already endures outages without issue.

This is why host should "host" their own site/support on different network at the very least.
It's easy to say things like this.

"Should" they have their site on a different network? Probably.

Is it viable as a budget host that they need to do so? Not really.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
I've been their customer since Oct 10 2012 and this is the first occurrence of an extended outage with them. For the price I pay per quarter or whatever, works for me. The application that runs on their network is multi-homed and already endures outages without issue.

It's easy to say things like this.

"Should" they have their site on a different network? Probably.

Is it viable as a budget host that they need to do so? Not really.

Come on man! A VPS on a different network? How much does it cost?I don't see it is costing anything more than $50/mo and that is pushing. You can get a VPS off BUYVM for example and get DDOS protection and all the goodies and can still be under $20/mo. 

Damian

Verified Provider
Come on man! A VPS on a different network? How much does it cost?I don't see it is costing anything more than $50/mo and that is pushing. You can get a VPS off BUYVM for example and get DDOS protection and all the goodies and can still be under $20/mo. 
You'd really put your client data on an easy-to-subvert VM?

SeriesN

Verified Provider
You'd really put your client data on an easy-to-subvert VM?
Ok, KVM? 512mb-1gb ram is possible under $30/mo from reputable provider. Dedi? I have seen dedis as low as $30/mo from reputable providers.

Unless you need a beast size Dedi for your corporate size, it can't cost a fortune.

Last edited by a moderator:

rds100

Verified Provider
You could, then some idiot does a traceroute and comes bitching: "geez, what kind of company is this, they can't even host their own website, why should i trust them with mine"?

SeriesN

Verified Provider
You could, then some idiot does a traceroute and comes bitching: "geez, what kind of company is this, they can't even host their own website, why should i trust them with mine"?

Yeh, well bad for them for being an idiot. Atleast, clients can contact us when the whole DC hosting their server goes down.

rds100

Verified Provider
You could provide out of band means for communication - like a phone number, twitter for announcements, externally hosted blog, etc.

amuck-landowner