amuck-landowner

[Beta Testers Needed] Open Offers System

Novacha

Content Contributer
Nice work... kinda wondering why it isn't in PHP, but I do like it. Feel free to make my account a provider if you like :)
Your account is now a provider account. I find PHP to be a slightly ugly language, with a few rules that just don't make sense (Like string -> boolean conversion). I used to dislike python for it's use of whitespace (being a c programmer) but now, I quite like it.

Novacha

Content Contributer
There have been some major changes!

I have now implemented locations attached to plans. Providers can view their locations from their management section and now add / edit these locations. Each location can have downloads and test ips. These will be attached to the bottom of every offer whose plans are attached to those locations.

Every country related to a location has it's own flag image as well, so it is easily identifiable!

bauhaus

You need some kind of spam/abuse protection for the registration process. I was able to create and delete 3 accounts using the same IP in less than 3 minutes. Keep the good work.

Novacha

Content Contributer
You need some kind of spam/abuse protection for the registration process. I was able to create and delete 3 accounts using the same IP in less than 3 minutes. Keep the good work.
Yeah, I will have to moderate both comments and registration.

Novacha

Content Contributer
Registrations now require the user to enter a captcha code. I am also implementing an IP activity system for monitoring registrations through the same IP addresses.

Novacha

Content Contributer
Whats the backend looking like, from the admin point of view?
It is quite rough right now. It is a similar interface to the admin backend for the openads system. To get around it at this stage, you have to know the inner workings of the app and how everything fits together.

Novacha

Content Contributer
Emails are now sent on comment replies! All emails are sent through gmail, since I do not have an SMTP server to send them from.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Too lazy to read other feedback, but here goes what I see

Offers creation:

Each section needs to specify what amount it's looking at (does bandwidth count in TB or in GB? is ram in MB or GB) or allow us to specify via a dropdown for each section -- I filled the entire form and hit submit before it told me it had to be a numeric value, I initially entered "3TB" "1024MB" so on.

Allow a dropdown for currency. I'm sure there's some provider that wants to offer in some currency not USD.

IPv6 -- possible to add an "included" or "ticket required" for IPv6? Maybe it's just me but our VPS don't come with IPv6 by default, but we can do up to 200 individual IPs on our OpenVZ package via ticket request. No solid way to document that in the IPv6 area.

Is there no "Offer submitted" message, or am I blind? I mashed the done button like 4 times before I opened a new tab to see if it was submitted successfully. Edit Location appears to be the same.

Provider Location: Allow the option to link to a Looking Glass if a provider has one. Can be useful for pings, traceroutes, etc.

I love the formatting, especially with a queue system. Will be awesome to know when the post may or may not be listed, LEB is just sort of "if it happens it happens, SURPRISE!!!!" which is frustrating to make sure we have nodes online and ready.

Last edited by a moderator:

Novacha

Content Contributer
Too lazy to read other feedback, but here goes what I see

Offers creation:

Each section needs to specify what amount it's looking at (does bandwidth count in TB or in GB? is ram in MB or GB) or allow us to specify via a dropdown for each section -- I filled the entire form and hit submit before it told me it had to be a numeric value, I initially entered "3TB" "1024MB" so on.

Allow a dropdown for currency. I'm sure there's some provider that wants to offer in some currency not USD.

Is there no "Offer submitted" message, or am I blind? I mashed the done button like 4 times before I opened a new tab to see if it was submitted successfully. Edit Location appears to be the same.

Provider Location: Allow the option to link to a Looking Glass if a provider has one. Can be useful for pings, traceroutes, etc.
Thanks for your suggestions! I will put in the units for the various fields that could be ambiguous. I will also display a message for when an offer has been submitted. What happens is that you are taken to the offer edit page, in case you wish to make further edits. I will add an optional link to the provider's looking glass.

Currency poses a problem due to the filtering of prices in the plan finding page. It is easier (at this stage) to have all prices in USD and have providers convert their currency over. I am aware that the exchange rates change frequently, but for now this is the cleanest solution. In the future though, I may be able to implement some kind of exchange rate lookup with an external broker.

Novacha

Content Contributer
The units are now more clear on all plan forms and a success message is now shown when submitting an offer request!

SkylarM

Verified Provider
The units are now more clear on all plan forms and a success message is now shown when submitting an offer request!
Awesome. Put in a modification request for kicks just to test it, glad to see some integrity added to the editing of already posted offers to prevent hosts from switching excessive stuff and going un-checked. Something LEB could use is an easy way to update a post but still get moderated to some form. Good addition!

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Oh and the bit on the front page that says price range, can that include the subscription period?

Price Range: $15 - $50 (yearly)

amuck-landowner