amuck-landowner

billing portals

800calls

Why haven't people automatically switched to Blesta or Interworx simply on the fact of security?

Most hosts don't value security, and WHMCS makes it really easy to get up and running in the hosting industry, offering all kinds of packages in various combinations. Plus its in PHP, so while it is a security nightmare, most people can extend it and make it do quite a bit more than it currently does with minimal development effort.

nelsahost

I really don't see why Blesta looks complicate,I have used literary every billing solution and also I worked some integrations and programming for all of them,from whmcs,client e.,host bill,WHsuite,Billing menager..BoxBilling and few other thus some billing solution you user can add as addon..i.e Plesk billing automation(not sure is it available still).
And Blesta is far more stabile and secure than all above,main problem in my opinion is slow extension development,additional features should be added faster and also some existing should be upgrded,like 2co v2..new Plesk module(original one need tweaks if server is behind NAT because there is no package IP field) and so on,I don't have all in my head.
When it comes to blesta product you have to set 3 things,order form,package and module you will use for autoprovision.Packages belong to group and all packages in particular group are listed on same order form,also there are options ...same thing like packages ...all options belong to particular group will be listed in product.
Maybe because I have experience with all billing solutions I ment above is reason why Blesta not looks to me wired and complicared but I really don't see anything in handling products,what I would like to see in Blesta is more extensions and also some tweakings of existing features.
Now for basic web hosting company it will work like a charm since most used modules/geteways are there and work very well,for example if you want to sell cPanel hosting you would first add server,than package where you select cPanel module and in same step you add that package to existing group or create new,third step is to add order form where you chose group of 1 or more packages you wont to show up in that order form,also you select payment gateways for that order form and currencies.Also you can enable/disable cupons on order form.. select manual review if you want to review or orders before provision..and that is it.There are 3 order form types,1.general..for normal packages,2.domain and other...this order form first show domain registration form and after selecting domain ti show package,that is why if you select this order form you have to select package group also..and 3.Client registration form...only registration form without any packages.
Now if compare with WHMCS it lacks some features and there is no 3th party extensions as much as WHMCS,also WHMCS has more languages but I hope this will change in future.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Blesta is indeed pretty great. I think we're one of the larger backers/customers they have. We generally sponsor features in every one of their dev cycles. We have been since 3.4 anyway and still have a long list of wants...

They've been doing a lot to speed up development. I know they've added a few new faces to the team lately.

ServerOutlet

honestly WHMCS not like me...is too much messy and not much user friendly!
actually I like hostbill but is more expensive

nelsahost

honestly WHMCS not like me...is too much messy and not much user friendly!
actually I like hostbill but is more expensive
Yes Host bill is also better than whmcs for me also but not only they are expensive,the worst thing is you can't trust them..I had their license..and in that time they changed pricing model,price incrase was on monthly basis...latter we look in to WHMCS and finally 2013 we try Blesta.I'm not sure how is situation goes with host bill now....but it seems to me they lost significant market share

web-project

Verified Provider
we can recommend both: ClientExec (we used it for last 7 years) and Blesta (recently purchased), both panel are great!

River

Verified Provider
Blesta is indeed pretty great. I think we're one of the larger backers/customers they have. We generally sponsor features in every one of their dev cycles. We have been since 3.4 anyway and still have a long list of wants...

They've been doing a lot to speed up development. I know they've added a few new faces to the team lately.

What do you think of the support ticket system?

WAAY back when I had a VPS on rocketvps, before you merged together, it was WHMCS, when did you start using blesta?

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
What do you think of the support ticket system?

WAAY back when I had a VPS on rocketvps, before you merged together, it was WHMCS, when did you start using blesta?

The ticket system in Blesta leaves much to be desired - but I feel the same way about WHMCS's ticket system. As much as I like Blesta, WHMCS's ticket system does have the edge. We use a standalone ticket system so for us it's a non-issue.

KnownHost never used WHMCS - RVPS did indeed. We upgraded KH to Blesta back in 2015 and have contributed to every single dev cycle of theirs since then.

River

Verified Provider
The ticket system in Blesta leaves much to be desired - but I feel the same way about WHMCS's ticket system. As much as I like Blesta, WHMCS's ticket system does have the edge. We use a standalone ticket system so for us it's a non-issue.

KnownHost never used WHMCS - RVPS did indeed. We upgraded KH to Blesta back in 2015 and have contributed to every single dev cycle of theirs since then.

Didn't know that. I could have sworn right around when my VPS got migrated, it was using WHMCS. Then again, that was a long time ago and I cancelled the service shortly after since it was no longer needed.

What ticket system do you use, if you don't mind me asking? How well does it integrate?

CenTex Hosting

Verified Provider
Yes there are a ton of other options out there that are way cheaper. But you have to look at how often are they updated, mods that you can get for them, easy of use and set up.

All these should be factored in and not just price alone.

stefiee

I've been a long time user of WHMCS, however, I'm looking to possibly migrate just because there are alternatives which seem a little more cost effective.

I'm looking at blesta, and I've seen the billing brawl sites, however, I think it's a little bit too subjective. I'd like some second opinions, anyone who has used both the softwares? Which one does everyone prefer?

Thanks!
blesta is better compared to WHMCS
WHMCS-All around solid platform with a powerfull addons
blesta-most customised options when it comes to billing and cost effetcive compared to WHMCS

web-project

Verified Provider
We are using both Blesta and Clientexec and it seems to us the Blesta has more options and easier to use, as some options in Clientexec is so out of date, example: support email pipe, we do host majority of services separate, email server separate from database and hosting, Clientexec pipe impossible to do in our case!

amuck-landowner