amuck-landowner

Blesta v3 will arrive on August 14th, $250 branded licenses

wdq

Quade
I just got an email from Blesta where they announced their plans to launch Blesta v3 on August 14th. Owned branded licenses will be $250. Updates will cost $39/year. You can also get a leased branded license for $12.95/month.

So the branded and unbranded owned licenses cost just about the same as WHMCS, and updates cost just a little bit less. The leased licenses on the other hand are a little cheaper. 

Here's the email:

Code:
August 14th.

What will you be doing on August 14th? We thought it would be a good day to release Blesta v3 final to the public. If you have an eligible license already, or get one before the 14th, we'll email you your v3 license key on that day.

This is a game changer.

Version 3 is the culmination of thousands of hours of development, design, and planning. This release is graphically attractive, intuitively simple to use, and extremely well written. We are in it to win it.

The future looks bright, and we are just getting started. We have enough new features, modules, gateways, order forms, and plugins planned to keep us busy for a long time, but we need your help. By actively supporting Blesta, recommending it to others, and offering us your suggestions, you play a huge part in changing the landscape in this industry for the better.

Together, we can make Blesta the best, most trusted billing software available! Please share!

Pricing.

Right now you can buy v2.5 for $99, download the beta immediately, and be issued a final v3 key on August 14th all included with your purchase. It's a good deal.

On August 14th the promo ends and standard pricing becomes...

Owned Licenses

$250 Branded ($39/yr optional support & updates, beginning Aug 14, 2014)
$300 Unbranded ($39/yr optional support & updates, beginning Aug 14, 2014)
$500 Lifetime (Unbranded + Never pay for support & updates. Ever.) NEW!

Monthly Licenses

$12.95 Branded
$14.95 Unbranded
Multi-Company

Addon companies can be purchased for $95/ea or $350 for 5 for any owned license.

What now?

If you have a v2.5 license key and you are not already in the v3 beta you can sign-up now.

Some other things you might be interested in checking out are:

v3 Installation Video
v3 Development Videos
v3 User Manual (work in progress)
v3 Developer Manual (work in progress)
v3 Development Blog
Huge thanks to all the alpha devs and beta testers! The beta continues until August 14th.

You make us happy. : )

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
I got this as well, very interested in seeing the rest of the modules they plan on providing. 

SkylarM

Verified Provider
going to let the software mature a bit before I switch to it, but it's looking very promising. Grabbed it for $99 though :p

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Sounds like Blesta might be the goto option for people wanting to pull away from WHMCS.

Hostbill is still mental on its pricing last I heard <_<

Francisco

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Really started fiddling with v3 today. google auth for 2 factor auth, sms emails etc all very nice features.

OpenVZ works fine, as does Xen according to them (they only had OVZ and Xen to test internally) reported some issues with KVM such as no VNC, and they will likely have a fix to that later this week (will report once I have a working copy on how it's coming along).

Once KVM is fixed Solus module works 100%, they do plan to make a second pass on the module after release and hopefully add features such as rDNS capabilities if they can.

(Put things in perspective I told ModulesGarden about VNC for KVM and they still haven't figured it out. Gave Paul access to a KVM vps in Solus and he went "oh I know what to do, we'll have this fixed shortly"). Very happy with how this is coming along.

Also for those who care, the $99 promo right now is the Unbranded license when v3 goes live.

Last edited by a moderator:

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Hey nothing wrong with more options that's for sure.  Hostbill so far has been good, bug here and there, but there are weekly fixes.  When was the last time WHMCS put out a bugfix since the last one?  It's been months, and I have about 20 confirmed bugs with them they still have not fixed.  They broke the iPhone App as well, tends to freak out customers when your iPhone replies show up as null.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Then again compared to Ubersmith I think HB's prices are okay.  Parallels wants a % of monthly revenue past 8k.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Was it pretty easy to put the header and footer into the template? I haven't had any time to modify the template yet.
Yeah there's a basic guide on the beta blesta forum with a guide on how to do it. Barring any CSS issues it's a relatively painless process.

Reactions: wdq

SkylarM

Verified Provider
So blesta b6 was released last night. They have KVM VNC working. Maybe modulesgarden needs help?  :rolleyes:

pB2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner