amuck-landowner

BlueVM Leaving Kansas City

BlueVM

Verified Provider
These sorts of moves always strike me as grossly unprofessional:

• 48 hours from now, your VM is being moved
  • We've decided to move it to Texas
  • Oh, and we're giving you a new IP
  • Oh and there will probably be some downtime.  Sorry 'bout that!
I suspect there's nothing in the TOS (which is a two-way document) or on the web site that says "you agree we can move your VM to a new location with 48 hours' notice and break any services you may be offering".

At a minimum, the provider should say "at your next service renewal (which is usually 30 days but could be longer) we are no longer offering service in KC but will be glad to continue your service in Texas."

Announcing a move on short notice maximizes provider convenience and says "our convenience is more important than yours, paying customer".
If someone requests a refund for that reason I'll approve it. Like I said I'm not in the business of screwing people over...

peterw

These sorts of moves always strike me as grossly unprofessional:

• 48 hours from now, your VM is being moved
  • We've decided to move it to Texas
  • Oh, and we're giving you a new IP
  • Oh and there will probably be some downtime.  Sorry 'bout that!
I suspect there's nothing in the TOS (which is a two-way document) or on the web site that says "you agree we can move your VM to a new location with 48 hours' notice and break any services you may be offering".

At a minimum, the provider should say "at your next service renewal (which is usually 30 days but could be longer) we are no longer offering service in KC but will be glad to continue your service in Texas."

Announcing a move on short notice maximizes provider convenience and says "our convenience is more important than yours, paying customer".
Bad move; Bad timing; bad handling. Is it too much pain to do this by end of month? Give users choice of location?

Is your intension to get rid of the location and your customers?

vRozenSch00n

@Magiobiwan @BlueVM

Request to speak freely, Sir!

I use BlueVM since September 27, 2012 on a $5.97/quarter Atlanta HyperVM node, Sir!

The performance was good only a small glitches during the migration in mid February 2013, Sir!

After the migration the performance increased, Sir!

In March 2013 I ordered a $12/year VPS, Sir!

During my sickness I didn't realize that the Atlanta VPS was suspended for resource abuse, Sir!

On September 23 I submitted a cancellation request for Atlanta VPS, Sir!

I also found out that my $12/year VPS is gone (I suspect it is due to New Control Panel Move), Sir! 

I opened a ticket and a new VPS was provisioned in the new Feathur Panel, Sir!

But I'm confused, the VPS is larger and there is not one but two VPS, Sir! 

I haven't opened a ticket yet regarding this as I know BlueVM is still busy migrating, Sir!

So far I have no complain, Sir! 

I still believe in BlueVM, Sir!

End of report, Sir!

thekreek

Bluevm how did this end?

In Feathur I was unable to see my Kansas VPS yesterday and at this moment I get an nginx error when trying to log in.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
Bluevm how did this end?

In Feathur I was unable to see my Kansas VPS yesterday and at this moment I get an nginx error when trying to log in.
Working on it now. Feathur isn't on the node which had drives fail, but it's 522ing right now. I'm looking into it now and hopefully Feathur will be online again shortly.

thekreek

@Magiobiwan how is the migration going, my VPS has been down, I didnt received any emails (nottice about the change of location, start of the migration, ending of the migration, new IP, license for DA in case it will continue) and yes I double check the email history in WHCMS to see if gmail block any emails from you.

It's sad that it appears that the only way to get news from bluevm is using forums instead of a newsletter or nottices on your site. Im really thinking if I should continue been with bluevm or leave as soon as my plan's end.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
Open a ticket if you haven't already and PM me the ticket number. I'll get it taken care of right away for you.

amuck-landowner