amuck-landowner

BlueVM sold / change of ownership? (UPDATE 5/14: Now owned by ChicagoVPS)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Update is CVPS is trying to get things together.  I mean based on prior attempts with rolled in companies and their own high workload, what do you think it is like for workers over there?  Human pressure cooker....

Other update from over there is that shared hosting has been offline for a good bit now.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Update is CVPS is trying to get things together.  I mean based on prior attempts with rolled in companies and their own high workload, what do you think it is like for workers over there?  Human pressure cooker....
Well, shit, they better hurry and get things together.  Their days of scamming buyers by gaming PayPal's intangible items policy end on July 1st when PayPal rolls out its policy changes. :).

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

Other update from over there is that shared hosting has been offline for a good bit now.
Source?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
If you pay bluevm invoice via bitcoin/bitpay you will see New Wave Netconnect LLC and [email protected] as the merchant.

*SNIP*
The guy must love a challenge.

Best of luck to them, he has a real effort ahead of him if he's trying to automate the feathur migration.

Maybe some day he'll explain what happened with Justin.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Changing the payment details before informing the clients. Sounds like good old ColoCrossing.
Go ahead toss confetti in the air  and have an 'I told you so party'.

Someone go back and find out how very long ago I said who the owner of this brand was...  Go ahead it has been years.   Now it's just Justin is totally gone. 

Nice to see the Bitcoin clean now and not Justin siphoning to his own.. ho hum...   

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Nice to see the Bitcoin clean now  
Clean depends on how you look at it.  I see a New York State business New Wave Net Connect LLC that is violating NY State law by not collecting sales tax on sales it makes to NY State residents on its BlueVM.com website (services like webhosting are subject to sales tax in NY State)..  I'd call that very dirty not clean....I'd also call it very stupid.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Clean depends on how you look at it.  I see a New York State business New Wave Net Connect LLC that is violating NY State law by not collecting sales tax on sales it makes to NY State residents on its BlueVM.com website (services like webhosting are subject to sales tax in NY State)..  I'd call that very dirty not clean....I'd also call it very stupid.
For your/their reference: https://blockchain.info/address/1BLUEVMkv7L4oEvMpqhj42APXZzUBt8SXB

A significant amount of transactions really, both incoming and outgoing.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattKC

Because he did such a good job turning around 123systems. Didn't take long for Jon to yank it over to cc (yes, I know there's really no difference here) to try and salvage what was left after yet another failed Fabozzi turnaround.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
25BTC is a huge ammount, i guess he is using one Bitcoin address for everything?
It was his personal since it wasn't being run by bitpay/etc. If the tinfoilers are right and CVPS owned the brand for a long time prior to this, then he was likely taking the payments under the table and Chris is now out $10,000 - $15,000 ontop of what he's having to now invest to try to fix the brand.

He should've just been a janitor if he liked cleaning up after peoples messes so much. Make more than BlueVM probably is.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What is the official NY tax collection policy?  Could it be possibly that they are cutting taxes back side without billing customers?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
What is the official NY tax collection policy?  Could it be possibly that they are cutting taxes back side without billing customers?
If you're a NY based online merchant with customers in multiple jurisdictions in NY State, then NY State's official tax collection policy qualifies as torture under the United Nations Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment. :)  Every county, and many cities, in the state has a different sales tax rate (see http://www8.tax.ny.gov/JRLA/jrlaStart) which makes filing returns a joy because the taxes you pay the state are based on the jurisdiction of the customer .

If you're selling taxable goods or services you need to collect the taxes directly from the customer.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@CVPS_Chris : any update or official announcement planned? I've not received anything from BlueVM regarding this.

Is this one of those 'hope people stop talking and forget about it' things?

amuck-landowner