amuck-landowner

BlueVM sold / change of ownership? (UPDATE 5/14: Now owned by ChicagoVPS)

QuadraNet_Adam

Verified Provider
I already pieced that together - look at the domain registration we churned up in Maryland.  That's Justin's new romping grounds.   He got a 'real' job.
I assume the Feathur Control Panel project is dissolving too then? Anyone hear from Justin lately?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
n3eQ9qjT589YTjn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

joepie91

I assume the Feathur Control Panel project is dissolving too then? Anyone hear from Justin lately?
Seems the project disappeared from GitHub.

EDIT: Here is what I think is the most recent fork - it had a number of pull requests accepted into the main Feathur repository.

EDIT2: And somebody seems to have forked it.

EDIT3: And a seemingly dead rewrite using Yii.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Seems the project disappeared from GitHub.

EDIT: Here is what I think is the most recent fork - it had a number of pull requests accepted into the main Feathur repository.

EDIT2: And somebody seems to have forked it.

EDIT3: And a seemingly dead rewrite using Yii.
Maybe someone will finally merge the license change pull that also removed the license checks :p

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Maybe someone will finally merge the license change pull that also removed the license checks :p

Francisco
You mean the nulled SolusVM licenses that ChicagoVPS / 123Systems were using?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Not touching that with a 10' poll.

There was a commit from someone in #frantech that removed all the license checks/nags from the source since it was licensed under the AGPL.

It was pretty damn troll but the guy removed the pull request it seems.

Francisco

Rallias

I learned of the merger before the latter date on that stone.

Not touching that with a 10' poll.

There was a commit from someone in #frantech that removed all the license checks/nags from the source since it was licensed under the AGPL.

It was pretty damn troll but the guy removed the pull request it seems.

Francisco
https://github.com/rallias/Feathur/blob/develop/feathur/cron.php#L127

Also, I remember a phone call when the referred to commit was made.

Did that ever get cleaned up? (also, that was a fake-authserver null, not a code patch)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So then the million dollar question is, the skype log that you posted.

Legit or still fake?

Francisco

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Still no official announcement? Wowza. @CVPS_Chris, can you please comment?
He did comment on the last LET CVPS offer...almost the exact same comment he made after previous acquisitions: someone says "shouldn't you fix company x before posting new offers" and Chris replies "I need to post this offer because I'm really desperate for cash"

LET user: "WoW all issues with BlueVM solved? Oh, sorry you need to earn money before you'll even consider anything."

Chris replies: "@ user, why should ChicagoVPS not be allowed to continue its regular operation?"

yesterday , #winning gave a lengthy reply:

"first off ChicagoVPS should NEVER be grouped together with another company as its just simply not ran the same way and is completly different. Most companies sell for the same reason and that reason is its in distress. BlueVM clients are lucky to have someone like CVPS step in and try to clean it up.

You also dont have any idea what needs to be done to BlueVM. The first process is moving to Solus off of feathur. The sole reason BlueVM has issues is mostly because of Feathur. This process should be done in the next week ( we have been working on this for 3 weeks now and almost completed).

If you have any real facts that you wish to share instead of a lopsided opinion, then you may share."

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/53910/chicagovps-double-the-ram-event#latest

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So they're moving the customers off of Feathur, to Solus, even though CVPS "does not use" Solus themselves? (they do, although for free and illegally for quite some time)

Interesting.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The sole reason BlueVM has issues is mostly because of Feathur. This process should be done in the next week ( we have been working on this for 3 weeks now and almost completed).
 You know you've written a shitty panel when people feel it's the cancer killing your brand. I get it, converting from Solus->Featur initially was a bit bumpy but Feathur has been available since 2013 so that's no excuse for things being so broken.

So they're moving the customers off of Feathur, to Solus, even though CVPS "does not use" Solus themselves? (they do, although for free and illegally for quite some time)

Interesting.
Honestly, Chris should've just offered KuJoe $25k for his platform or something and he gets included in any bug fixes, etc. He made a statement that he had over 500 active nodes so you're talking at least $5000/month if he's paying SolusVM. Maybe he isn't, but at some point Solus will release a 'license checker' and then things get ugly very quickly.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Just remember a stubborn buffalo told you BlueVM = CVPS a very long time before public confession happened.

I think CVPS cleaned up problems with Solus licensing.  Problems would have been based on being pissed at Solus for multiple security gapes that got their database dumped at least twice.  Certainly has to spending thousands per month on licenses.  $2k on the floor and ceiling would be meh $3600~ I think I calc'd a while back.  So unless they threw up growth, meh - I don't see growth there at this time in history.   Educated guess.

I guess Feathur is a dead remnant of a bird now.  #DEATHPOOLIT

amuck-landowner