amuck-landowner

Budget Dedi requirement >4GB RAM, Supports Virtualization

bizzard

I have the following plan running ESXi with over 8 VMs on it without any issue:

HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB Disk, 5TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps, 1 + /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6 - $29/mo

The default hardware RAID and ILO access are a nice touch also.
Hi KuJoe,

I missed out that plan in their offers. It suits me well, but what I am bothered about is the connectivity. Planning to backup my VPS's around US and one of the network tests shown is the LEB thread is very low, even lower than what my VPS's have.

So, can you run the freevps.us benchmark on yours and post it?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Hi KuJoe,

I missed out that plan in their offers. It suits me well, but what I am bothered about is the connectivity. Planning to backup my VPS's around US and one of the network tests shown is the LEB thread is very low, even lower than what my VPS's have.

So, can you run the freevps.us benchmark on yours and post it?
Just got around to running the network benchmark for my DelimiterVPS dedicated before it gets cancelled (I found out they didn't have native IPv6 and the HE tunnelbroker setup was causing a large amount of latency for IPv6).

Code:
System uptime :   67 days, 5:10,
Download speed from CacheFly: 41.8MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 44.3MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 35.6MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.56MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.1MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 5.51MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.14MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 25.1MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 9.49MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 31.2MB/s

Last edited by a moderator:

bizzard

@KuJoe The speeds look good enough for me; much better than what I have seen earlier in other threads.

Is there any specific reason for canceling your order. MarkTurner at LET keeps on saying that IPv6 is native in Atlanta and 4 upstream providers supporting it.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Traceroutes over IPv6 show an HE Tunnel broker rDNS record and route through HE's Miami tunnel broker location. I primarily use IPv6 at home so I can't deal with the routing from Colorado to Florida to Georgia and back.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
It does look like they have a /32 of IPv6 from ARIN but the traceroute shows HE's tunnelbroker:

Code:
2    16 ms    19 ms    19 ms  Yomura-1.tunnel.tserv16.mia1.ipv6.he.net [2001:470:10:5::1]
3    27 ms    24 ms    24 ms  ge2-7.core1.mia1.he.net [2001:470:0:a1::1]

amuck-landowner