amuck-landowner

BUDGETGEEK TELECOMS LIMITED / 32MB Club / Random Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It hasn't been addressed, so I'll bring it back up....

With these bans, how long are the folks banned to be banned?

Is this a one time and entirely gone routine?   Or are they on some X day ban?

Munzy

I call discrimination, I am white and I was beaten!

Usually it was for nothing.... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
It hasn't been addressed, so I'll bring it back up....

With these bans, how long are the folks banned to be banned?

Is this a one time and entirely gone routine? Or are they on some X day ban?
I addressed it as did many others.

We took action that was deemed necessary. I don't see complaints about other users that have been banned.

The bans are permanent.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I addressed it as did many others.

We took action that was deemed necessary. I don't see complaints about other users that have been banned.

The bans are permanent.
I appear to have missed where the nature of the ban, being a perma ban was said clearly - until now.

As for complaints about other users that have been banned,  unsure outside of spammers who has been banned and where their behavior was exhibited and such response was said to be a perma ban.  Perhaps those bans weren't so clear or I wasn't tuned into vpsB that day and when catching up there were pages of new Topics and posts.

Hey house rules are whatever they are.  Good to know so people aren't stuck in the dark wondering or feeling mislead or fearful.

I'd like to request a thread closure on this in 6 hours, absent any other input from the community.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Well, the only reason people feel mislead or fearful is due to threads like this. Other individuals contacted admin, in private, to see what happened. Seeing threads like this makes it look as though bans are randomly handed out, that any view not aligned with admin/mods will see you thrown out. That has never and will never be the case. I'm sure I speak for both other team members when I say that, too.

I would request that any further questions of a similar nature are addressed in private first. If you then feel the replies/answers were unsatisfactory then by all means go public however, doing so before any contact has been made and with such an inappropriate title* does nothing but scare newbies off and create drama where there was none. Respect works both ways - if you want those in power to respect you then extend the same courtesy to them.

* - anyone searching for his company may find this thread and in turn, some of his other posts. Contrary to your belief that he can be coached in to doing good, the resulting search mentioned above would only be to the detriment of him and his brands. Counterproductive and the opposite of your intention.

I'll lock this thread now. I believe it has served it's purpose. As ALWAYS, everyone is free to contact the three of us to discuss issues. We're also always on IRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner