amuck-landowner

Burstnet Los Angeles - Next on the chopping block?

Collabora

Hello,

So I got through the NC migration. Now what's going on?

Last Monday I ordered a Windows dedicated server in LA an no word. Its Active in My Services, but no setup email, no IP, etc. Two tickets with several updates each by me and no replies. I opened a dispute with paypal today.

I ordered a Windows vps in LA about 8 hours ago and no setup email, its not active in My Services. Submitted a ticket about 6 hours ago. No response yet.

Has anyone here ordered anything from Burstnet since migrations?

Thanks

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I expect their support to be lacking heavily right now. With these rushed migrations and transfers, some staff being let go, and everything else... it's not surprising it may take that long to get an update.

I have no clue if LA will be dropped too. Unsure if they owed their LA facility owner money too or not. Though I'd be cautious and refrain from using Burst until all this settles down and they show signs of improvement.

Lorne

Yeah to order from BurstNet right now is a bit risky imo, so much up in the air and the amount of business they are losing...yikes.

manacit

I think it's best to quit while you're ahead and request a refund and stop ordering, they're on a downward spiral. 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
While I agree that ordering from Burst right now is pretty risky, I do have to state that you probably should have waited longer than 6 or 8 hours (or however long you've waited) for a reply form support.  Given their current load I'd say waiting at minimum 24 hours before pulling a chargeback.  Also, constantly updating your ticket will get your ticket sent back to the bottom of the pile (usually at least) and won't get it answered quicker.  

So yeah, I'd say at minimum 24 hours unless they state otherwise.  Yeah BurstNET is right now having a ton of issues, but I don't think you gave them enough of a chance to fix this.  

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
So from what I gathered from Shawn Arcus was that staff from all other locations were helping with the migration. LA supposedly isn't next, but I could almost bet that Miami and LA are all going to be migrated to NC as well. Unfortunately, I am almost certain that NC will be moved to Buffalo and then Buffalo will be moved to Phoenix then migrated to Kansas City then migrated to Cogent here in New Orleans then somewhere else... lol...

So either way, I have 2 orders I placed right before all this happened and they're still Pending. No emails, no ticket responses since the 26th... I really have to stop myself from going to NC and beating the holy and unholy hell out of JW Ray and Art Faccone...

Collabora

Thanks for the replies

HalfEatenPie - I had waited over 7 days to file a dispute. I ordered it last Monday.  On Thursday I asked for a status update. No answer by late Friday so I asked for refund or product and put them on notice that by end of day Monday I would initiate a charge back if I got neither. Well the Monday EOD came around and no answer, so its in Paypal's hands now.

I did order a vps on Tuesday and it went through fine. Today's did not (still hasn't)

I am just getting the jitters now. I am a Burstnet reseller. I guess I will have set my inventory to zero in whmcs for now. Been searching for a replacement provider but haven't found anything that suits my needs yet.

Here is a side story. Three weeks ago or so I could not order in LA (or Miami) due to capacity. I had to put the orders into Dunmore for a few days until LA was upgraded. Sheesh

rds100

Verified Provider
Start thinking of backup options (other providers to resell from) because i expect them to eventually close your reseller account after someone finally notices the dispute.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So either way, I have 2 orders I placed right before all this happened and they're still Pending. No emails, no ticket responses since the 26th... I really have to stop myself from going to NC and beating the holy and unholy hell out of JW Ray and Art Faccone...
Poor Duke :(  I doubt you will find either jackass lingering anywhere they could be identified and collared right now.

As for the Los Angeles snafu... Not t a good time to be ordering from Burst.  They are still in moving mode and a mess no doubt. I'd get refunded and move on.

LA has some big paying customer(s), so I don't expect it to quickly fade like other locations.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Just got this email, for anyone wondering I don't have any active services with Burst but the emails always make me laugh. This time round the subject line wasn't in full block capitals which is a bit of a surprise.

For Immediate Release

DigiPLUS Assumes Assets of BurstNet, Relocates Main Data Center

April 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC

The DigiPLUS Company announced today that it has assumed the assets and client contracts of BurstNET®, a worldwide leader in Web Hosting and Internet Solutions. The new management company has relocated one of its three data centers from Scranton, Pennsylvania to Charlotte, North Carolina.

"Assuming the assets of BurstNet illustrates our commitment to providing a broader product portfolio, new technology and applications expertise to better serve BurstNET clients,” says JW Ray, CEO of DigiPLUS. “Although moving a data center presents challenges in the short term, we will now be able to offer the capacity for growth and peace of mind of a world-class infrastructure. We are working 24/7 to minimize any disruptions in service.”

The new data center has earned a Tier 3 rating as a highly redundant location with eight carriers and three times the bandwidth capacity of BurstNET’s former data center location in Pennsylvania. DigiPLUS also utilizes data centers in Miami, Florida and Los Angeles, California.

“Our DigiPLUS team is dedicated to delivering the reliability and dependability each and every client deserves,” says Art Faccone, Senior Vice President of Client Care for DigiPLUS. “Current and future clients will be better served by our more complete, stable and secure global product offering."

The acquisition enhances BurstNET’s Dedicated Server, VPS, Colocation, Backup Storage, and Cloud Computing portfolios. The BurstNET brand will transition to the DigiPLUS name over the next few months.

Additional executive team members have been brought on to assist in the transition. They include Brandon Dorsey as Vice President of Finance and Arthur Cote as Vice President of Operations. 

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

BurstNET Technologies, Inc. is a worldwide leader in Web Hosting and Internet Solutions. It currently hosts 10,000+ Dedicated Servers and Colocated machines, 20,000+ Virtual Private Servers (VPS), and millions of websites.

For more information about BurstNET, please visit www.burst.net or email [email protected].

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Thanks for the replies

HalfEatenPie - I had waited over 7 days to file a dispute. I ordered it last Monday.  On Thursday I asked for a status update. No answer by late Friday so I asked for refund or product and put them on notice that by end of day Monday I would initiate a charge back if I got neither. Well the Monday EOD came around and no answer, so its in Paypal's hands now.

I did order a vps on Tuesday and it went through fine. Today's did not (still hasn't)

I am just getting the jitters now. I am a Burstnet reseller. I guess I will have set my inventory to zero in whmcs for now. Been searching for a replacement provider but haven't found anything that suits my needs yet.

Here is a side story. Three weeks ago or so I could not order in LA (or Miami) due to capacity. I had to put the orders into Dunmore for a few days until LA was upgraded. Sheesh
Hm didn't know it extended that back. Nevermind then. Yeah seems reasonable.

Maybe VPSBoard should merge all the threads on this?
Nope. Because this is mostly focused on BurstNET LA and @Collabora's experience while that thread's just focused on the news bulletin itself :p

If it ends up coming to the same thing then yeah sure I'll look into merging, but at the moment I don't see a need to.

peterw

Wait, you saw the fustercluck that they made of everything and decided it was a good time

to signup?
Not all have connections to get every hosting detail instant. I read about the Burstnet problems on WHT and get a confirmation on this board. I will not buy a server from Burstnet now and I canceled my server last year so I had luck.

amuck-landowner