amuck-landowner

Buying HDD's in USA? Recommendations needed

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Hi,

Currently looking at buying some hard drives in the US for our services.

Anybody got a good suggestion where to buy from? Good deals etc? Recommendation on Model?

I'm from the UK so its a bit different here.

Reece

Last edited by a moderator:

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Superbiiz is usually the way to go for datacenter equipment.  Newegg has some stuff in this area, but in my experience, I have found Superbiiz to have the widest selection and best shipping rates.

Damian

Verified Provider
Amazon or Newegg. I get free two-day shipping on competitive prices with Amazon but they tend to package hard drives in an incorrect manner, so Newegg instead.

ocitysolutions

Verified Provider
Have used NewEgg, Amazon, and Superbiiz. NewEggs shipping rates are usually the lowest for 2 or 3 day delivery. But Amazon can't be beaten if they have a sale and you have Prime.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
newegg also literally throws your shit in a box and have a higher failure rate of HDDs than other stores

RyanD

Verified Provider
newegg also literally throws your shit in a box and have a higher failure rate of HDDs than other stores
If you are buying a small quantity, I have found that to be true on personal purchases. Typically we purchase from distributors but from time to time the Egg has the best pricing and a distributor won't match. In those instances when you buy drives by the case, they ship them in the factor shipping cases which are more than secure.

shovenose

Verified Provider
If you are buying a small quantity, I have found that to be true on personal purchases. Typically we purchase from distributors but from time to time the Egg has the best pricing and a distributor won't match. In those instances when you buy drives by the case, they ship them in the factor shipping cases which are more than secure.
I have never had any problems from anything purchased from Newegg, including HDDs.

Increhost

Verified Provider
before ordering on any of those places, you could check fatwallet.com in case there is any

disccount available (they collecct coupons from a lot of websites).

ShardHost

Verified Provider
Hi,

Currently looking at buying some hard drives in the US for our services.

Anybody got a good suggestion where to buy from? Good deals etc? Recommendation on Model?

I'm from the UK so its a bit different here.

Reece
You may find ordering from the UK for US delivery to be troublesome. 

amuck-landowner