amuck-landowner

BuyVM ColoCrossing Bye Bye Hello Choopa Move Today!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Huge improvement for me. I was getting 45+ms latency to CC buffalo and I am only 2 hours away (Ontario) from Buffalo.

I am getting a steady 26~ms now with Choopa.

+1
I tried a recent offer out of Ontario.  Think is is provisioned out of Toronto proper.   So it's around 95 miles driving distance to Buffalo.

Route to Buffalo, hehe, yeah, it goes to Chicago.  Suspect from Ontario depending on upstream you are going to see the Chicago routing or via New York City and back over.  

Buffalo like most rust belt places is low on tiering and back hauled.  Usually if I touch those locations I look for Abovenet (recently) and heavy on Level3... Otherwise this long in the tooth round about routing.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Is great that the migration has been smooth this time. Compared to all the Vegas issues I mean.
Blah blah blah you guys rag on our Vegas move but you realize we completely replaced the network on the 2nd day of time there? We also replaced all the motherboards in the KVM's on said 2nd day to IPMI powered boards.

We installed a completely new router ontop of that :p

The NJ move was simple. The biggest project besides the move was replacing some bad drives.

Francisco

concerto49

Verified Provider
Blah blah blah you guys rag on our Vegas move but you realize we completely replaced the network on the 2nd day of time there? We also replaced all the motherboards in the KVM's on said 2nd day to IPMI powered boards.

We installed a completely new router ontop of that :p

The NJ move was simple. The biggest project besides the move was replacing some bad drives.

Francisco
I was more referring to the power issues that had nothing to do with you. Stop being over sensitive :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I was more referring to the power issues that had nothing to do with you. Stop being over sensitive :)
Far too many people go on that the Vegas stuff was done poorly on our end though, not the breaker :D

It was a ton of work and we were dumb thinking the 2 of us could do it all without more time.

We did get it done but it was hell.

NJ was a nice drive though. New York state was meh but New Jersey was surprisingly pretty.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Far too many people go on that the Vegas stuff was done poorly on our end though, not the breaker :D

It was a ton of work and we were dumb thinking the 2 of us could do it all without more time.

We did get it done but it was hell.

NJ was a nice drive though. New York state was meh but New Jersey was surprisingly pretty.

Francisco
meanwhile_in_new_jersey.jpg

Did New Jersey smell like spray-tan lotion and hair gel?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
We own doesbuyvmhavestock.

We'll likely close it down in the coming weeks, though. It doesn't get updated as much as it should :)

The BuyVM site will get replaced soon too.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Sweet, stock is available. I may have to pick one of these up :)

Sounds like, from everything I've read, that the move to Choopa direct has been an upgrade for your clients... network wise. Now that you're out of CC and my purchase won't indirectly feed anyone at CC I'm happy to have yet another trustworthy provider option on the East coast.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Sweet, stock is available. I may have to pick one of these up :)

Sounds like, from everything I've read, that the move to Choopa direct has been an upgrade for your clients... network wise. Now that you're out of CC and my purchase won't indirectly feed anyone at CC I'm happy to have yet another trustworthy provider option on the East coast.
Pretty much.  Network has been a 100% improvement for everyone, with a minor exception of a few CA clients.  That turned out to be a Bell Canada issue, and got resolved earlier today.. so now everyone's golden :p

The_Hatta

Pretty much.  Network has been a 100% improvement for everyone, with a minor exception of a few CA clients.  That turned out to be a Bell Canada issue, and got resolved earlier today.. so now everyone's golden :p
Shit I could have told you that >_> Happened yesterday, bell broke their internal routing causing all their gas clients to get a$s raped...

amuck-landowner