amuck-landowner

BuyVM Legal Defense Fund? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
very very little complaints.

Congratulations Chris on the latest  CVPS ROKSO listing!  http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL212040

...and on the other 3  current spam related SBLs for CVPS: http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL211993 , http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL211992, http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL211634 ,

Meanwhile, over on the CVPS LEB offer a customer is complaining because his emails are bouncing because the IP block his server is in is blacklisted...

Jonathan:

Does ChicagoVPS get blacklisted a lot? I’m having serious trouble with getting blacklisted all the time and can’t send email to anyone because everything I send out gets bounced right back considered as spam. When I do a blacklist check hundreds of domains come up and half of them are blacklisted. My particular host is not in the list, but since all IP’s are shared and there is much over selling I think it is causing normal users (ones not trying to spam the world) to get all blacklisted and have problems with their service. There is no ChicagoVPS forums or community anywhere so that’s why I posted this here. If there were a forums or an affiliated place to post comments I would have done so. I did submit a ticket to support, but what will support do if the entire server has been blacklisted? Seems like it would just be an ongoing problem, never to end. Thank you.

Jonathan:

I was told by support it is basically my fault and Chicago would just change my IP address. I take one look at my logs and it is real easy to see these guys are targets for just about anyone trying to hack into something. The last VPS I used maybe had 3 SSH login attempts in a period of 3 months. With Chicago I get 20+ a day. If that’s happening to a fairly new IP, I have a feeling it will just continue to happen with other IP’s. There is only so much you can do with your time and a firewall. I suspect hackers know those systems aren’t managed at all and Chicago just lets it happen. My renewal decisions have been made today. “You get what you pay for” applies here if you are interested.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^--- can we get you a proper username and a signature now Mao?

I choose small businesses because like 85%+ of all businesses are small businesses.  Plus it gives me a chicken neck to run after if they do some actual harm/stupidity/breech/etc.

Fact is I try to always spend with local/regional small businesses when I can, even online.  Doesn't work so well for hosting, so far... so just small businesses.

Congratulations Chris on the latest CVPS ROKSO listing!  
That lowend* segment sure is hard to deal with.  Lots of abuse.   I know more providers that won't go near it than will.  I sympathize on this, just don't let me catch IPs-for-spamming wind or I'll make a stink about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarland

The ocean is digital
Ok, if you can predict the downfall of BuyVM, when can we expect CVPS to make the top 5? Maybe that should be of more concern for you.
As soon as he makes forum accounts first least 15 of those 25,000 members. They sure are the most quiet bunch of people. Not saying they don't exist, I don't have their numbers, but man I've seen a lot more words come out of a lot less people.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
@jarland @drmike

BuffaloVPS went down exactly how I said it went down. I helped out a friend, he couldnt handle it so I took it over. BuffaloVPS only was posted once on LEB while under my control. Would I have kept posting it along with CVPS, probably but we cant predict the future and what would or wouldnt have happened.

Ive always told the truth, you just choose not to believe it. How can I continue to have a civil discussion when the person I am talking to takes nothing I say as truthful. Its a downhill battle talking to you that I just dont care to have.

Just remember in the back of your mind your attacking a guy that never did anything wrong and is not associated with the things you are putting on me ( Ex. LEB take over, HVH, and whatever other dealings related to ColoCrossing ). You continue to group me in with ColoCrossing drama that 99% of the time I am just learning for the first time along with you when its posted. Im not as well connected as you think, yes Im friends with Jon in real life and thats where it ends.

jarland

The ocean is digital
@jarland @drmike

BuffaloVPS went down exactly how I said it went down. I helped out a friend, he couldnt handle it so I took it over. BuffaloVPS only was posted once on LEB while under my control. Would I have kept posting it along with CVPS, probably but we cant predict the future and what would or wouldnt have happened.

Ive always told the truth, you just choose not to believe it. How can I continue to have a civil discussion when the person I am talking to takes nothing I say as truthful. Its a downhill battle talking to you that I just dont care to have.

Just remember in the back of your mind your attacking a guy that never did anything wrong and is not associated with the things you are putting on me ( Ex. LEB take over, HVH, and whatever other dealings related to ColoCrossing ). You continue to group me in with ColoCrossing drama that 99% of the time I am just learning for the first time along with you when its posted. Im not as well connected as you think, yes Im friends with Jon in real life and thats where it ends.
For what it's worth I believe more of the words you say than most people so give me a little bit of credit when I speak. Yeah I'm a dick when I wanna be, who isn't.

In the interest of truth, why don't you explain the lie that I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt at the first post in this thread: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/18497/should-providers-be-banned-for-deceiving-consumers/

The part you need to keep in mind before responding is this statement I made: "PayPal takes 3-5 days after submitting paperwork to change a business contact name. If it isn't a business account, you literally cannot change the name without legally changing your name and proving it."

That is absolute truth. Now explain why you lied and how that ties together with always telling the truth.

Hxxx

@jarland @drmike

I think is probably because all the bragging and arrogance you usually do (from what I've seen). One earn respect by giving it.

I think diffamation can be penalized, still possible nowdays?

maounique

^--- can we get you a proper username and a signature now Mao?

Not yet the warning for the non-existant signature violation is still in place. As long as people get punished because their opinions are not convenient, it will stay there. It is also a reminder of how friendly the admins are in this friendly forum.

It remains to be seen if anyone understood anything in the end.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Holy shit, big boy pants!

"a guy that never did anything wrong and is not associated with the things you are putting on me"

The BuffaloVPS stuff went on and was good popcorn on LET and LEB.   I'll leave it in the cemetery over there for now.

You can dance out of LEB/LET theft and HVH.   That's fine.  I won't push you on it.  But if that was my friend pulling that or even my VENDOR, I'd pack up and get some new relationships.  Call me petty like that.

CC has no financial interest or "investment" in ChicagoVPS? Nor does VSNX or any of the other permutations of Biloh and Clarke Inc.?

Did you or did you not work for Velocity / VSNX / Mohawk / ColoCrossing / Biloh and Clarke Inc?  If not why the mixed up tales that were never corrected back in LEB of ole days?

When can we expect ChicagoVPS to pack it's bags, grow up and move on out of CC?

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Not yet the warning for the non-existant signature violation is still in place. As long as people get punished because their opinions are not convenient, it will stay there. It is also a reminder of how friendly the admins are in this friendly forum.

It remains to be seen if anyone understood anything in the end.
That is not true, and I explained this to you already via PM. I'm sure you're getting a kick out of this, but if you wish you can stay at LET if you feel that their admins and moderation team are less biased and provide you more freedom.

Also, usernames can only be changed by yourself once per every 60 days. This isn't a limit for you only, it's a forum wide thing. Let me know know if you want to keep what you have now or want it changed back, either one is fine with me. If you want it changed back I need to do this for you manually.
To which you responded:

Yes, can you change it to rMember, like this Mao_rMember ?
To which I responded:

Since the rule is one username change every 6 months when you do it yourself, I can either set it back to Mao like it originally was or leave it as it is now. There is and always has been a limit on how often you can change your display name and this has nothing to do with you personally, as I am sure you will interpret it as such.

Now all name change requests are handled like how WHT used to handle them, and they're per request and now stricter. Also @CVPS_Chris can be mad at you for me not changing his name to 'pubcrawler' as he requested, and now I am going to deny him the ability to change it to 'DeadPony', which he has requested instead of 'pubcrawler'.

Though if you're concerned about this, feel free to start a separate thread.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
I'm sorry, but he said that with quotation marks and the entire comment was dripping with sarcasm. If you're going to make an argument at least be straight up about it and stop twisting the words of others to fit your narration. Please.
He twists everyone's words, even his own to his advantage. Nothing new.

tchen

As soon as he makes forum accounts first least 15 of those 25,000 members. They sure are the most quiet bunch of people. Not saying they don't exist, I don't have their numbers, but man I've seen a lot more words come out of a lot less people.
I doubt the 25k are all active but the thing is, there's so much vitriol against CVPS who in their right mind would randomly post 'hey, I have CVPS boxes and they're fine'. He doesn't prompt people to post reviews on his behalf like some providers at WHT so where's the impetus? For the record, I have quite a few CVPS boxes and they perform just fine. A few came with issues but a few professional exchanges with tech cleared them up. Are they stellar enough that I'd go out of my way to enrage half the vocal community? No. But for the price I paid, they do an admirable job.

It's probably testament to how broken this community is when I had to give pause before posting this.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Are they stellar enough that I'd go out of my way to enrage half the vocal community? No. But for the price I paid, they do an admirable job.

It's probably testament to how broken this community is when I had to give pause before posting this.
No worries @tchen.  No one is going to attack you for saying that I'll be there by your side.   CVPS was never 100% broke, but they were at least three time broken-into.  That's a point I can't get over along with the post mortems.

The nodes have always been hit or miss and if you didn't mind downtime and shuffleboard too often to another server were find for leisure servers.  Never managed to get real things running that utilize resources.   Always was artificial barrier, failure, or complaint.  Buy 2GB use 200MB.   ...But it has been a long time since I wrote them off, companies change.

Hope they continue to do well by you.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
but they were at least three time broken-into.
Why does this keep coming up? You and I both know it had nothing to do with the security of ChicagoVPS, but everything to do with Solus and WHMCS exploits that no host could protect themselves against. So please tell me why the blame is passed onto me still after knowing that was the case.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Why does this keep coming up? You and I both know it had nothing to do with the security of ChicagoVPS, but everything to do with Solus and WHMCS exploits that no host could protect themselves against. So please tell me why the blame is passed onto me still after knowing that was the case.
:) Because it happened.   I know you didn't hack yourself.    Your staff and CC's staff, hell, yeah, little hackaroonie tendencies out of those guys and I am not talking about hacky sack, might want to audit your circle.  Just saying...

It's a strange repeat violation.   Probably semi-rare distinction in the industry.  Truly sorry it is the one you suffer under.

Never thought your company did proper cleanup though.   I won't go into 3rd party "consultants" and other random admin types helping.  It's all troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner