amuck-landowner

Chicago VPS scammers

mpkossen

Why in 2014, did it suddenly become UNIMPORTANT to post the DC information for FTPIT offers?

All other offers in the past 5 offers bear DC information (be it simple and scant on details --- at least baseline sufficient)...
Oh FFS get out of your paranoia mode. I keep copy-pasting the FtpIt story from old posts and as the IPs have never changed (they are not even in the ticket) I'm not spending too much time on that. There's load of other posts without the DC in there as well.

I'll do your little damaged brain a pleasure though and add it.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Oh FFS get out of your paranoia mode. I keep copy-pasting the FtpIt story from old posts and as the IPs have never changed (they are not even in the ticket) I'm not spending too much time on that. There's load of other posts without the DC in there as well.

Not to talk down on you or attack you or anything, but because you're a writer (or I guess now the editor?) of LEB, you should be keeping an eye out for little issues here and there about that.  Small details like that are pretty important even for regular readers, and is easily noticed (and out of place) when missing. As a recommendation, just make sure you don't miss the small stuff like that :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

You know paranoia is just a heightened state of awareness.  Mind you --- behavior and things on LET and LEB time and time again has been subversive and not as it appears.  The additional scrutiny I apply is much deserved and necessary, sadly.

I can buy the lazy route of copying and pasting prior information.  I appreciate your honesty on this.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Anyone else noticing that Maarten is the first to cry about "insults" and "personal attacks" - but the moment you point out a valid flaw, he sure doesn't hesitate to do the same.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Anyone else noticing that Maarten is the first to cry about "insults" and "personal attacks" - but the moment you point out a valid flaw, he sure doesn't hesitate to do the same.
See...  I was about to call him out on it.

But... meh.  Better things came up.  

To be perfectly honest, when you're in such a position as PR (which is basically all what LEB/LET is), going for personal jabs is a terrible thing to do.  You should have known better.  

Edit: Sleep deprived be damn!  It seems I did call him out on it!  

Last edited by a moderator:

hostinghouston

Verified Provider
That's shocking. WHMCS is suspended directly at WHMCS and not by ChicagoVPS, which means they probably have only paid monthly for this license themselves and forgot to pay the bill to WHMCS, or just didn't want to.  If it was suspended 3 weeks after, that probably means they had it on a stock pile from some existing user and just re-issued the license. WHMCS resellers pay monthly for their services, so it sounds like some billing mistake on their end that they need to correct.

As for the support - that long without a response is pretty bad. How did you pay? If it was PayPal, you can file a dispute and provide this thread and the screenshots from your members area as proof that they are not living up to their side of the bargain.

Good luck my friend.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Fabozzi to AnthonySmith:

Keep playing hobby host over there.
Does anyone else find it rather humorous that the self-proclaimed king of the low end world operates his business from his room in his mommy's house and the address listed as his corporate headquarters is his mommy's house?

DBop slap's self and takes time out in corner for uncalled for personal comment so manndude doesn't have to slap DBop...

f it was PayPal, you can file a dispute and provide this thread and the screenshots from your members area as proof that they are not living up to their side of the bargain.
Filing a PayPal dispute is usually an automatic win for CVPS even if the customer has a valid complaint because they've perfected the art of pointing to the "no refunds" clause in their TOS when the customer files a PayPal dispute (or BBB complaint).  In order for the customer to stand a chance of winning they would need to show PayPal all of the threads where CVPS/123systems/UGVPS used this trick and demonstrate to PayPal that there is a clear pattern of CVPS repeatedly not providing the service, or service level, that was promised and then using it's no refund policy to avoid issuing a refund when it failed to live up to its end of the deal.

VMBox

Verified Provider
Well, this opened a whole different can of worms lol.

Anyone who cares about the outcome, CVPS finally reissued the license and added $16 credit. This was the excuse/reason:

kkvqJRq.png

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen

Anyone who cares about the outcome, CVPS finally reissued the license and added $16 credit. This was the excuse/reason:

kkvqJRq.png
The "due to the way invoices work" bit made me laugh.  He must be using the same outsourcing firm for accounting that he uses for tech support if that's the way invoices work. :p

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The "due to the way invoices work" bit made me laugh.  He must be using the same outsourcing firm for accounting that he uses for tech support if that's the way invoices work. :p
I'm guessing they don't sell a lot of WHMCS licenses and that said big client was one of the main people for that. It's likely they don't have any sort of group discount or some sort of reseller priv's with WHMCS to make their billing easier.

It's quite likely that they get pro-rated at the start of the month for all those invoices and things got loopy.

Francisco

Shivam

Wow , nothing can explain this , by the way you paid $180 for a year but thats only 12 dollars less then the actual fee which you can pay at WHMCS? we would you want to go with ChicagoVPS lol ? they've been having a lot of bad reviews along with GVH.

ftpitnipon

Hello Guys

Actually I just saw our name in the post,pretty missed it in time

We had the first nodes set up in with Ccvps,so even if we have servers with hvh or getdedi.

We use our old speedtest links which were set up in the cvps nodes.Thats why the links keep appearing the same .

Suppose we have a server in Buffalo with cvps,hvh and getdedi with speedtest link setup in the cvps

we will just send that cvps since all using same Buffalo DC network while actual server may not be with cvps

That was the reason for using colocrossing as DC

Hope this clears up everything

winnervps

Verified Provider
This old thread come up again ;)

Well at least @VMBox there has already been an explanation on how this resolve.

kkvqJRq.png
So, this would probably a case-closed situation :) But please be aware for those who need to buy such license with 3rd party (as WHMCS now -since 2013 i guess, doesn't allow any 3rd party coming from licensing provider such as licensepal, etc. but hosting industry related only)

amuck-landowner