amuck-landowner

Chicago VPS scammers

VMBox

Verified Provider
So i posted this over at LET and it was deleted. I can't see this happening here for obvious reasons. 

4 weeks ago i purchased a WHMCS license for one year. A week ago the license was randomly suspended after only 3 weeks of use. Ticket has gone unanswered for the last week.

lxXD5kV.png

B5wOTaL.png

Hxxx

Sure because demanding like a boss is going to resolve the problem. I dont see any scamming tactic. Is a long weekend in the USA, Labor day is it? So billing , not even banks open.

VMBox

Verified Provider
Sure because demanding like a boss is going to resolve the problem. I dont see any scamming tactic. Is a long weekend in the USA, Labor day is it? So billing , not even banks open.
Demanding like a boss? What does that mean?

I paid for a year. not 3 weeks. What have the banks being open got to do with anything? They claim 24/7 support not when banks are open.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I think you should change the title and add CVPS/CC's  LowEnd/Box/Talk admin lapdogs Spirit and  Kossen to the title since both of them, in particular Spirit, have participated in intentionally trying to cover up ChicagoVPS's actions by deleting and sinking CVPS related threads and harassing customers and ex-customers who dare to complain. 

LEB writer Kossen has intentionally misled consumers on LowEndBox by posting offers for New Wave Netconnect owned companies and failing to warn consumers in any of the offers of the almost uniformly negative reviews and complaints about these companies over the past few months (in the case of CVPS he posted a link to an old shilled favorable review in several offers while avoiding any mention that the majority of reviews were negative).  Kossen was aware of the complaints about 123systems when he posted their last offer and chose not to warn consumers.  He was aware of the problems at CVPS when he posted their offer this weekend and chose to mislead consumers by not alerting them to the problem in the offer text.  He has been aware for months that nearly 60% of ColoCrossing's IPs are blacklisted and he failed to mention this fact even once to consumers in the numerous ColoCrossing offers he posted for his bosses on .LowEndBox. 

I find it ironic and hilarious that career employee grunts like Spirit and Kossen are so willing to mislead consumers and think a future employer won't hold their unethical behavior against them when they do a google search.

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Seems a bit strange to close a week early before the holiday. (August, 26th).

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Well, while it won't take much to convince me that CVPS is a provider that I myself personally would not want to use, I'd actually consider this case to be more or less a matter of it being the weekend. In my day job, I'd be that guy 'ignoring' your request because it's handled by a department that isn't 24/7, and only available Monday - Friday (minus holidays).

Manage your expectations and allow them until at least Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest to get back to you. Monday is a major US holiday, so expect some delays. It seems 'James' is the only guy responding to tickets, or at least according to the past couple weeks of reviews in which support was mentioned, and as an outsourced tech he likely doesn't have access to provide product licensing. That'll probably have to be done by @CVPS_Chris, so send him a PM or be patient as product licensing generally isn't a priority task and shouldn't be expected to be completed 24/7.

Sorry about your luck, regardless.

EDIT: DERP. I see the dates you ordered. For some reason I thought you ordered today or yesterday. In that case, yikes. It shouldn't take this long for them to obtain a simple WHMCS license key for you. I was being fair in my earlier response as I was under the impression you had placed the ordered within the past 48 hours.

Best of luck to you in resolving this.

VMBox

Verified Provider
Well, while it won't take much to convince me that CVPS is a provider that I myself personally would not want to use, I'd actually consider this case to be more or less a matter of it being the weekend. In my day job, I'd be that guy 'ignoring' your request because it's handled by a department that isn't 24/7, and only available Monday - Friday (minus holidays).

Manage your expectations and allow them until at least Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest to get back to you. Monday is a major US holiday, so expect some delays. It seems 'James' is the only guy responding to tickets, or at least according to the past couple weeks of reviews in which support was mentioned, and as an outsourced tech he likely doesn't have access to provide product licensing. That'll probably have to be done by @CVPS_Chris, so send him a PM or be patient as product licensing generally isn't a priority task and shouldn't be expected to be completed 24/7.

Sorry about your luck, regardless.
It's been going on since tuesday, not just this weekend.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
They advertise 24/7 support though.
My reply to this will be the timelines of two late Saturday night tickets I opened to a pair of providers who advertise 24/7 service last year after node crashes. :)

HostVirtual (VPS in Chennai, India, HV is HQ'ed in Los Angeles)

1:00AM -ticket opened

1:01AM -reply received "hypervisor froze up, we're aware of the problem and  working on it"

1:03AM - email sent out to everyone on node "emergency node reboot"

1:05AM -node back up, ticket closed.

ChicagoVPS (VPS in Los Angeles)

2AM-ticket opened

9AM-someone wakes up, looks at ticket for first time, and realizes after reading it they have a node down

10AM (+ or - a few minutes): node rebooted.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
They advertise 24/7 support though. Not when they feel like answering.

CgCrFLM.png
CVPS is not the only company that advertise 24/7 support even if some are smarter and write it as "you can send in your question 24/7 to our helpdesk".

This doesn't mean that you will get a reply 24/7.

I still fail to see why someone would buy something from CVPS to use in production when the support has been this bad for so long.

VMBox

Verified Provider
CVPS is not the only company that advertise 24/7 support even if some are smarter and write it as "you can send in your question 24/7 to our helpdesk".

I still fail to see why someone would buy something from CVPS to use in production when the support has been this bad for so long.
Obviously i'd never put my WHMCS install on one of their nodes. I thought, (stupidly) a license wouldn't be affected and would run concurrently without issues. I just want others to be aware of their practices when dealing with customers.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
If this doesn't work out for you, I can highly recommend Hostigation. No nonsense, it's a VPS that is affordable and works, and the WHMCS licensing is affordable as well. (I use a Hostigation box with a WHMCS license provided by them to bill vpsBoard advertisers)

Good luck.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
1. You should have known better than to work with CVPS

1.1. There are much better alternatives than CVPS to work with (this is like telling someone not to touch fire because they'll get burned, and then they touch fire anyways and then complains about getting burned...  It's a facepalm)

2. Their licensing "team" seems to be pretty "busy" with other work

3. You're just being nitpicky with your support expectations (especially with them, because HELLO, it's CVPS we're talking about).  

4. I have no sympathy for you >.> because of the reasons above.  

Edit: Not trying to be a dick.  Just stating why I think this was inevitable and could have been avoided.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I've been reading along on the ChicagoVPS circus on LET and LEB.

Let me say, at the point where Fabozzi laughed at one of his customers being offline for TWO MONTHS (a different thread days ago), I got a tad re-energized to round it up and start bringing the coffin nails to these bastards.

This (CVPS) isn't how you treat customers and his website is a bunch of fucking lies.  Blaming 123Systems and other acquisition fubars on former management is a laugh.  CVPS didn't just take them over.  CVPS has been running these fail companies for many months and is precisely why 123Systems went further down the shitter.  Gross slabbing for profit.... Then the dumb asses at CC/CVPS let their competent staff go (why??? I'll never understand this - although I am sure staff was sick of busting ass with never end long hours and peanuts for pay while Biloh and Co milked them to death).  Same pay and here's more workload thrown upon you, another company.  Left now with outsourced morons who can't do much of anything other than play ticket hockey and string people along.

Retard Fabozzi's own website still says:

24/7 Support North American Based support is available 24x7 eager to help you!
This is a god damn lie.   Fabozzi has employed Indians at CVPS for a LONG time, read: years...

How Kossen can say he has any retained integrity at this point is beyond me... He must need that FILTHY COLOCROSSING PAYCHECK to keep his new wife.  Cause a man of integrity would have said no FUCKING WAY to the ChicagoVPS offer on LEB now with the mass of shit they are serving... And Kossen signed his name to such offer... Admitted on threads the offer was just sent over/rushed (i.e. Biloh submitted it and told the help to publish it tomorrow) and neglected to say anything realistic about current state of CVPS. CVPS hasn't been able to support existing customer base and has people waiting for WEEKS for simple stuff and responses from the outsourced [cheapest Indian support team] are legendary.  They can keep slandering the Burkowitz family name all they want, that's a straight up Indian behind those tickets.. they all are at CVPS and this is nothing new (new part was they had some USA folks prior), although he's pretending they went Indian support in some accidental bind.... Self inflicted and #WINNING, GREEDY BITCH.

Not attacking you @mikho,  but this 24/7 support shit has to stop.  These companies are outright lying, falsely advertising, and commiting fraud.  It's time we have a crack down and break some heads over this stuff.  

Lying about support is a big thing.   One asshole company talked smack somewhere in past month.  Saying that 24/7 support meant that they just accepted tickets 24 hours a day, and not that they actually staffed their company, replied to tickets, etc. 24/7...  all while failing to say when they actually operate work hours, and leaving customers waiting 3-5 days on average.

That company, still has shit proclaiming 24/7, it's their ethos to mislead....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:X7vqu05iYcwJ:https://www.linkedin.com/company/bluevm-communications-llc+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

"We also offer 24/7 friendly support to back everything up."
Cause you know saying 24/7 and friendly doesn't have any pre-sales expectation priming, DOES IT?  Another company moderately screwed up because of ColoCrossing, I mean ChicagoVPS involvement, be it active, reversed recently or whatever.

CC/CVPS are lying about plenty of other stuff.   Time to hold these guys accountable and spank them royally for their misdeeds, fraud, deception and outright theft from many people.

Enough folks screwed over to pursue something beefy like a class action suit.  That would get their attention.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Not attacking you @mikho, but this 24/7 support shit has to stop. These companies are outright lying, falsely advertising, and commiting fraud. It's time we have a crack down and break some heads over this stuff.

Lying about support is a big thing. One asshole company talked smack somewhere in past month. Saying that 24/7 support meant that they just accepted tickets 24 hours a day, and not that they actually staffed their company, replied to tickets, etc. 24/7... all while failing to say when they actually operate work hours, and leaving customers waiting 3-5 days on average.

That company, still has shit proclaiming 24/7, it's their ethos to mislead....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:X7vqu05iYcwJ:https://www.linkedin.com/company/bluevm-communications-llc+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Cause you know saying 24/7 and friendly doesn't have any pre-sales expectation priming, DOES IT? Another company moderately screwed up because of ColoCrossing, I mean ChicagoVPS involvement, be it active, reversed recently or whatever.

CC/CVPS are lying about plenty of other stuff. Time to hold these guys accountable and spank them royally for their misdeeds, fraud, deception and outright theft from many people.

Enough folks screwed over to pursue something beefy like a class action suit. That would get their attention.
Not taking this as an attack, all I wanted to say was that this kind of false advertising of support hours are not only done by CVPS/CC companies.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Not taking this as an attack, all I wanted to say was that this kind of false advertising of support hours are not only done by CVPS/CC companies.
I fully agree with this....  We all need to call out providers who say one thing and what is true is another, regardless of who they are / upstream is / etc.  

My gripe about allowing such is it gives off the vibe to customers that the industry is the wild west and everyone is a scammer.   Thus driving a chunk of people away from VPS / cloud / etc. and/or to only mega huge companies they believe would get entirely smashed for such conduct.

This is why I continue to chirp in and slam the shit co's.  We all need to speak up.

amuck-landowner