amuck-landowner

Chicago VPS Storage provider recommendations

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Looking for a Chicago VPS with large storage.

Requirements, no CC.  100GB of storage or better.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
ServerAxis has some nice offerings.  Smallest is a 1TB storage plan with 4TB transfer.  ServerAxis says they are in downtown Chicago at Equinix Internet Exchange.

http://serveraxis.com/vps.php

VS001.0G-0001.0TM    1/1    1.0GB    2.0GB    1TB    1M    10    4TB    $24

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
No doubt, Colostore in South Bend, Indiana is close enough to count as a Chicago VPS.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Thanks NodeBytes,  for now is business related and a referral so have to stick to bona-fide businesses who will stick to terms, privacy, etc.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Shame that Karl Zimmerman over at Steadfast is parked on chicagovps.com.   Steadfast should utilize that domain for a ChicagoVPS offering. I do like their network.

WSWD

Verified Provider
You've used ServerAxis?
Can't really comment on them anymore, but had a small 1GB VPS with them probably 2-3 years ago, and it was always very solid.  No downtime to speak of and no overloading issues or such.

Of course, things could have changed.

ultimatehostings

Verified Provider
If you're still looking we have a Openvz node in Chicago, we can work something out, PM me your budget and other requirements.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
If you're still looking we have a Openvz node in Chicago, we can work something out, PM me your budget and other requirements.
If your company offers such in Chicago I along with other certainly would be interested in seeing price/offer.

Need for Chicago storage comes up pretty frequently.   

Storage I consider 250GB and above.  RAM isn't very important.  Bandwidth is a biggie.  Usually happy to see 4-1 ratio minimum of disk to bandwidth.

perennate

Verified Provider
Wait you mean a group of 1s and 0s can't dislike certain companies?
Hm. Good point, not sure. But pretty sure the forum bits can't, otherwise whoever wrote the forum should be famous.

amuck-landowner