amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS global password reset? Hacked again?

jarland

The ocean is digital
Credit where it's due. It's not that it's particularly difficult stuff it's that the gap between those that talk about it and those that do it is usually a bit wide. Sending post data off server is simple in nature but pure brilliance when the moment arises.

bdtech

@CVPS_Adam thanks for the detail. So you send all post data offsite to a third party including usernames, passwords, and personally identifiable information?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Does ChicagoVPS take direct credit cards?
Yes they do, and unlike other providers who accept credit cards through WHMCS they don't provide any way for customers to delete the credit card info that is stored on file (the only option is to update the card info),  Type of card, credit card number, and expiration date are stored.

WHMCS documentation:

Merchant Gateways store credit card information securely in the WHMCS database
When I canceled my CVPS services I had my credit card company cancel my card because A. I didn't want my card info stored with a company that has been hacked multiple times in just the past year, and B. for some reason I don't trust CVPS (it's kind of hard to trust a company when their owner has been caught lying multiple times and one of their employees CVPS_Adam is a teenager who lives at home with his parents and has trouble remembering his own name (is it Adam Ng or Kevein Hillstand today) or where he lives (is it California or New York today).

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
And that Adam Ng / Kevin Hillstrand is a  HackForums skid....  Bought any booters lately?  How about Netflix accounts?

Those skids, don't they know the feds are port mirroring HF traffic?

CVPS_Adam

Hi pubcrawler / buffalooed / drmike / elrooted / CodyRo,

I'm afraid you're ill-informed, while I did have an account registered at HackForums over 1-2 years ago, it was for purposes of my previous employer and was not used unethically. I sold my account quite some time ago and do not associate myself with it. :)

Thanks

Amitz

Hi CVPS_Adam!

How are your parents doing? I am already very much looking forward to my next USA trip to get to know them and to talk with them about their son, his character disorder and what he does on the Internet since some time. That will be around November/December and surely big fun! Will they care at all? We will see. :)

Take care,

A

P.S.: This is - of course - no threat. You surely do not fear a simple conversation with Mama and Papa, do you?

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
And that Adam Ng / Kevin Hillstrand is a  HackForums skid....  Bought any booters lately?  How about Netflix accounts?

Those skids, don't they know the feds are port mirroring HF traffic?
No you are wrong, I just checked old LET threads and CVPS_Chris said he seen all Kevin's Documents and had his social security number in that name, so Adam and Kevin can't be the same person because Chris would never lie about anything.

So lay off Jake, I mean Adam.

CVPS_Adam

CVPS_Adam is a teenager who lives at home with his parents and has trouble remembering his own name (is it Adam Ng or Kevein Hillstand today) or where he lives (is it California or New York today).
Hey, didn't you live with your parents before you graduated? :) I'm sure that we all did haha. I'm very blessed and lucky to have the financial ability to move out and afford my own place at such a young age. I've been living in socal (Pasadena) for the better part of the month now, I'm about to drive back there tonight to finish moving the remainder of my stuff.

I feel very special to be the center of attention here :D  Back on topic, if anyone has any additional questions or concerns regarding the password resets please email us at [email protected]. Thanks guys!!

Amitz

I feel very special to be the center of attention here :D 
Obviously, you spent too much time with Dick Fabozzi already. Note to yourself: "It is not good to be in the center of NEGATIVE attention". A lesson you and the other Colocrossing Boys really have to learn. But read my words: "It all comes back to you".

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
Amitz,

Your English is terrible, and your points have no basis to them. Leave Adam alone, its not a crime to want to have an alias on the internet. 99% of the people here are under an alias and want to keep it that way including yourself.

If you want to meet anyone come meet me, I will take you and anyone out for a nice lunch and you can see we are not the people you so call "claim" we are. Grow up and move on. Don't expect a response from either of us as we have made the necessary response to the topic of the thread.

MCH-Phil

Verified Provider
If you want to meet anyone come meet me, I will take you and anyone out for a nice lunch and you can see we are not the people you so call "claim" we are. Grow up and move on. Don't expect a response from either of us as we have made the necessary response to the topic of the thread.
I might take you up on that.  This mysterious lunch seems to be the only way your willing to refund people for your screwups.  LOL

Jack

Amitz,

Your English is terrible, and your points have no basis to them. Leave Adam alone, its not a crime to want to have an alias on the internet. 99% of the people here are under an alias and want to keep it that way including yourself.

Chris,

Your Math is terrible.

Amitz

Amitz,

Please accept my apologies for my English: I am not a native speaker and already try my best.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Problem isn't people being anonymous online.  I fully support that.  If you want anonymous staff well fine.  Adam N, Chris F,  Jon B, Alex V.  That's how stable companies do things. 

Problem is a company fabricating humans.  Why?  To hide their former misdeeds/hosting fails.  Why else?  To hide the fact they are a minor aka underage.  In fairness, you inherited, bought out, hired, whatever the Hillstrand creation. But Adam was like 14-15 during some of the prior endeavors.   Gets into shady territory about adults and corruption of minors.

The Kevin/Adam thing is legendary.  Tons of stories about that pursuit and even Fabozzi himself claiming he had legal papers indicating Kevin was indeed Kevin.    But you folks never lie and integrity has always been there ;)

I won't go on about the HF stuff though.   I've only been screen capped or referenced by others to the info.  The 1Gbps booter stuff... Tisk tisk.  Could I be wrong?   Ahh, usually am not.

You folks still fond of TV?  Maybe I can watch along on how the pros roll.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Please accept my apologies for my English: I am not a native speaker and already try my best.
You shouldn't have to apologize for your English. Chris is just trying to be mean and exert some level of dominance over you. For what it's worth, your English is just fine. I've seen how Fabozzi has responded to tickets in the past and you should be happy to know I find your English better than some responses I've seen him make.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Now since we are discovering here and implicating folks of old,

Sturlaugur Olafsson  

Why would an Asian boy be having customers make payment to uncle Olaffson on behalf of his former employee?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Now since we are discovering here and implicating folks of old,

Sturlaugur Olafsson  

Why would an Asian boy be having customers make payment to uncle Olaffson on behalf of his former employee?
Whats this all about? The name sounds familiar but I can't pinpoint why or where I've seen or heard it before.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
That name was fed to me from an old URPad customer.

Story as it goes is that Adam/Kevin sent message about URPad accepting PayPal under some limited arrangement.  Believe the customer was overdue on invoice or just had funds in PayPal.  For some reason URPad did not accept PayPal.  

Sturlaugur Olafsson  is an old Icelandic name.  Relationship to these folks... ahh well, none apparent.   But, I did note someone mentioned Adam posting on HF also for swap of PayPal accounts for other accounts. 

Mann, did URPad have PayPal drama / not accepted when you worked there?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
That name was fed to me from an old URPad customer.

Story as it goes is that Adam/Kevin sent message about URPad accepting PayPal under some limited arrangement.  Believe the customer was overdue on invoice or just had funds in PayPal.  For some reason URPad did not accept PayPal.  

Sturlaugur Olafsson  is an old Icelandic name.  Relationship to these folks... ahh well, none apparent.   But, I did note someone mentioned Adam posting on HF also for swap of PayPal accounts for other accounts. 

Mann, did URPad have PayPal drama / not accepted when you worked there?
Oh, yeah... I remember now. I knew the name looked familar.

Yeah, URPad didn't accept PayPal direct... I don't think any of us had access to that PP account to check, but that does indeed sound familiar and random folks would ticket us and say they paid via PP to that account even though they were supposed to be paying via 2CO.

amuck-landowner