amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS hacked SolusVM, Bypassed Licensing, and is Running Illegal Cracked Copies of Solus

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Without any hard proof this is just speculation and the title should be changed to reflect that.

I can't see why CVPS wouldn't pony up for the licensing fees.
Hard proof, hmm.... Multiple people including some that may or may not be within the said company said as much - that the software was internally - as in staff wise circumvented.  It's long been known that CVPS is fronting Solus with basically the only other real choice - ModulesGarden.

On top of all of that, Solus says there is no license to CVPS.

If we go back in time to the hack number two, the same "just speculation" could be said about CVPS losing the corporate data again to outside folks.  Instead everyone went into nuts mode, CVPS heavily blamed and perhaps wrongly Solus and providers mass sat in, went without sleep, ran overtime shifts, manually processed Solus tasks.

It's an interesting turn of events when the whole background is observed. Including Fabozzi ticketing Solus about Stallion in past...

xdfIis4.png

Why wouldn't CVPS pay up?  Maybe this is their protest for the alleged hacks or maybe the family genetics and cheapness with the purse are coming out. Got me beat.  I find it often odd that people whine about $10 server licenses.  Like how damn cheap are you or how lowended is your business?

To quote Fabozzi:

"I hate to see stuff like this happen and would like nothing more than for the culprit to get punished."  

Shoe, meet foot, meet mouth.

jarland

The ocean is digital
To be fair, the licenses might be for NWNX and not ChicagoVPS in their system.
Based on the way chicagovps is structured this makes enough sense to say it is the likely scenario unless proven otherwise. I would go as far as to say this should be the assumed truth, if one must assume a conclusion.

Rallias

*cough* *cough* No NDA for me to be hidden behind now?

Not that I'm going to comment beyond this post, but you really aught to create the NDA that you lied to my best friend about me having. I'm certain a mutually beneficial agreement can be made.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Or I might say:

"Since it's public knowledge, NWNX does not have a legally licensed SolusVM infrastructure, but does have SolusVM."

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@CVPS_Chris, where are you?  On daddy's Loveboat?

ChicagoVPS is running unlicensed SolusVM software.  How long until this results in another customer data dump?

jarland

The ocean is digital
Or I might say:

"Since it's public knowledge, NWNX does not have a legally licensed SolusVM infrastructure, but does have SolusVM."
Did solus confirm NWNX had no licenses as well? Or do you mean that it's a legal requirement that the license be in the name of the brand instead of the registered company name? I'm a bit confused because I don't really see a case here. Chicagovps isn't even a registered company to my knowledge, rather a product of NWNX.

amuck-landowner