amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS Review

mnpeep

Verified Provider
I was curious about the 2GB for $7 deal at CVPS. So, naturally, I felt like #WINNING by buying it.

Little did I know it would have been one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a VPS provider.

I've tried multiple VPS providers in the past, BuyVM, Prometeus, Hostigation; the list goes on.

#1 reason why I disliked CVPS the most? How unreliable the node is.

DD tests showed how sporadic the node was, sometimes I got 200mbps, sometimes 17mbps; simply too much randomness. Contacting support would have done nothing, since they would only talk about the 200mbps readings, and not the 17mbps ones. Submit a ticket every time something like this happens? No, that would waste half of my day at CVPS's support ticket area.

Trying to run a 512MB Minecraft server on it was worse, it took 184 seconds for the initial world generation, and 7 seconds on reboots (where the world is just loaded, not generated)

Keep in mind that this VPS was cancelled about two months ago. I did a review previously on LET, but it was removed from view. I am willing to provide proof to vpsBoard staff about the purchase.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
How about the iowait time?  

I have little doubt that CVPS is mixing SSDs into their servers and using them as RAM.  When you pack 100+ 2GB accounts into a 32GB server, it is just unreasonable to expect to have enough resources to cover things.  People leave containers open and running and not utilizing all their allocation, but not to the extent CVPS was taking things.

Yeah, plenty of other providers doing the same bad things.

mnpeep

Verified Provider
How about the iowait time?  

I have little doubt that CVPS is mixing SSDs into their servers and using them as RAM.  When you pack 100+ 2GB accounts into a 32GB server, it is just unreasonable to expect to have enough resources to cover things.  People leave containers open and running and not utilizing all their allocation, but not to the extent CVPS was taking things.

Yeah, plenty of other providers doing the same bad things.
Not sure, I C+Ped the review that I put on LET that was deleted. The VPS has been long-gone removed.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So why was your post deleted over there?  Way too much of that bad protect our a$$e$ behavior over on that other site.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
*Hoping* it is part of the "we were hacked" mess.   How long ago was your review posted over there?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sent.

I made a review mid-April, it was removed a couple of minutes after I posted it
Sorry to say, but that sort of behavior on their part is pretty clear that CVPS isn't just a friend with CC/Jon.

This matter should be reminded/posted back over on LET and demanded an answer happen.

Know you aren't alone in receiving this sort of ill treatment over there.

I still like how they're holding my $7 hostage.  Had a vps with them for a month, it was terrible and cancelled it.

Completely forgot about the PayPal subscription, and it autopaid as you would expect.  Sent in a ticket and Chris replied back with multiple times to submit a PayPal dispute because it's their "policy".

I'll screenshot that when I get home.

Chronic

Apart from some network downtime today, I can't recall when I last had issues on my 2GB plan. Granted, I am not a particularly demanding customer and as such perhaps not the right person to judge the quality of a service, but I'm pleased with what I got for my money.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
When you pack 100+ 2GB accounts into a 32GB server
Doesnt happen, but thanks again for stopping by :)

I made a review mid-April, it was removed a couple of minutes after I posted it
Instead of making assumptions why not go as Liam or Humza. They are the only two that could have deleted it, you guys really need to stop the defamation. Its getting out of hand.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Doesnt happen, but thanks again for stopping by :)

Instead of making assumptions why not go as Liam or Humza. They are the only two that could have deleted it, you guys really need to stop the defamation. Its getting out of hand.
The only two that could have deleted it? Could you send me the plugin you used to ban administrators from having that ability? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mud

SysAdmin could have deleted it too.

@mnpeep have you tried to ask someone what happened to your review?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Liam, oh yeah, we'll go to a guy who spoke out about big bad corporations operating other sites like WHT.  When a hosting company with serial liars is shown to own CC, Liam scrambled.  Perhaps he lied.  Now he's spinning fine linens for CC.

Liam is on CC's payroll.  

You are a former CC employee. Jon is your best friend.

No conflicts there.   

It's like asking a hole in a wall.  You never know who the devil on the other side is.

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
@CVPS_Chris - who's the sysadmin/webmaster for LET now? You might want to let him know that pointing a CNAME at an IP address is a big no-no.

Naruto

@CVPS_Chris - who's the sysadmin/webmaster for LET now? You might want to let him know that pointing a CNAME at an IP address is a big no-no.
So are you the one who took LET down when vpsBoard went down just a moment ago?

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
LoL no. I actually just posted a comment on LET with some suggestions about what CC should do so that the site won't be hacked or go down anymore. Their sysadmin pointed a CNAME to an IP address which is pretty dumb, that's why it no one could access it.

So are you the one who took LET down when vpsBoard went down just a moment ago?

amuck-landowner