amuck-landowner

Colocation With Dedicated line?

Jack

Quadranet might be able to help you... they have auto null in place and seem pretty big and have multiple locations..

Dustin will probably kill me for suggesting them for something like this.

Mun

Never Forget
Damn son, calm down, I'm trying to help. Chill. 

If you go out and look for a gigabit dedicated line, you're going to pay a fuckton of money, and it won't get you what you want. 

A "dedicated" 20mb line (which, btw, is not as small as they go, you can get a "dedicated" 10mb line) would get you 6TB in each direction per month. That's not that much bandwidth! On the other hand, a dedicated gigabit line would get you 320TB in each direction, which is likely more than you need (based on the typical usage of a gaming server, which doesn't require a supremely large amount of bandwidth). I'm just worried you're misunderstanding what exactly a dedicated line means.

What I think you really need, as others have said, is a host with a large enough upstream and filtering capacity that they can take a 150mbit "ddos" (which really isn't that much! You can clear that on a gigabit line no problem!) long enough for you to null, and possibly larger ones with the same ability. Getting a "dedicated"  line brought in isn't that. Unless you're announcing your own addresses and have a lot of bandwidth brought to your own rack, you're still going to get shit from the DC when you take a large DDoS, and you're going to need to rely on their ability to null, whether that be automatically or at your request. 

But hey, don't listen to me, go spend $1500+ on a dedicated gigabit and still get in trouble when you get a DDoS, be my guest! 

Where in any of this have I said I want a didcated gigabit line O_O.

Also 10mbps doesn't give you 6TBs both ways. If a 100Mbps line over a full month period will give you 33Tbs of bandwidth, and you divide that by ten you get 3.3Tbs for a 10mbps connect :D.

Mun

Mun

Never Forget
Quadranet might be able to help you... they have auto null in place and seem pretty big and have multiple locations..

Dustin will probably kill me for suggesting them for something like this.

:( Sadly I already have a location in LA. However that is the type of offers I am looking for :D. Thank you for being the first one!

Mun

manacit

Also 10mbps doesn't give you 6TBs both ways. If a 100Mbps line over a full month period will give you 33Tbs of bandwidth, and you divide that by ten you get 3.3Tbs for a 10mbps connect :D.

Mun
I believe if you read again, you'll find I said: 

A "dedicated" 20mb line (which, btw, is not as small as they go, you can get a "dedicated" 10mb line) would get you 6TB in each direction per month.

Not to mention, you don't seem to understand how full duplex works :)

Nice try, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner