amuck-landowner

ColoCrossing Companies

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Is Jon wanting you to hush up too? Poor little fella must have gotten mad someone spoke the truth.
Nope.  He did want to ban me from the CC ticket system, and I have it on good faith that "Aldryic is a dick".. but this was someone butthurt over some commentary I made, that doesn't have the stones to face me directly, and has made a habit of going running to the boss when Anthony or I give an 'unsatisfactory answer'.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So Colocrossing companies... Remember this oldie?

http://lowendbox.com/blog/buffalovps-5-75-512mb-openvz-vps-in-chicago/

I have been hesitant to post offers from BuffaloVPS — they were simply reselling ChicagoVPS‘s products. Now Adam from BuffaloVPS has got back to me that they have now moved to their own boxes. Still within ColoCrossing in Chicago IL though, and it seems we are still waiting for their Buffalo location. 
No those guys never lied.   Hell Adam even lied about he was.

FYI Shinkle registered that domain (Buffalovps.com) and his prints were all over it.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@Francisco correct for +5 point!

Everyone should go back to Lowendbox and read the BuffaloVPS ads in order.  Rather interesting study and transformation.

Boltersdriveer

Verified Provider
I think it's sad that a company has to put up so many fronts for just the sole purpose in gaining clients/market share around the industry. Looking at it over a long-term,it's also slightly bad for other hosts and even the newer hosts who may be thinking of coming out. Look at a few things they're doing for example. 

-Bragging about IPv4 Space and how people will never have to worry about running out of IPv4 space with services in their DC

-The lack of Native IPv6 in their network across many services [still] when this should have been done long ago

-Many names, yet one sole business is operating all these. Competition is reduced by a way lot since in the end, they own everything.

In the long term, what ColoCrossing is doing is essentially the same thing as what Apple was doing a while ago.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So is CC and chris on a conspiracy too?
Well, Chris has own ASN and hordes of present and past companies. Notably more sleuthing to get to the bottom of his dung heap.

I haven't tied the two together more than customer relationship, so far.  Collaborators though?  Likely.

Same corporate ownership interest?  Severely doubt it unless someone wrote a check recently.

hzr

#hashtagtwerkteam
Why are you guys attacking a legitimate hosting company just because you might dislike them? I don't see anyone hating on Godaddy...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Does Godaddy stealth own a bunch of its competitors?

Does Godady own WHT and lies about that? 

No and no.  

mitgib

Verified Provider
I have it on good faith that "Aldryic is a dick".. 
Wait, how is it on good faith when you label yourself that? Or have you only labeled yourself an asshole?  I don't think you are either, but I like to attach those labels to myself at times ;)

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Wait, how is it on good faith when you label yourself that? Or have you only labeled yourself an asshole?  I don't think you are either, but I like to attach those labels to myself at times ;)
To clarify, I have it on good faith that I was referred to in such a manner during a 'business discussion'.  Hence the quotes :3  Doesn't bother me any - if they think I was mean then, I simply won't let them off the hook so easily next time and show them what asshole really means.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Unsure if I blurted this out on this thread or another - skimming and replying :)

UGVPS is a real company.  Not a house/CC owner company.   The clue to others for now is that UGVPS uses non-CC locations.  House brands never do that :)

I pulled UG's info a while back.  Crystal, she isn't likely the person running the place.  She's the fellows wife.  They shake out as legitimate and non CC owned (for now).

DISCLAIMER:  If they keep it up with the slow and bitchy support person many complain about, they are headed towards failure and/or CC takeover covertly.

amuck-landowner