amuck-landowner

ColoCrossing Companies

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Unsure if I blurted this out on this thread or another - skimming and replying :)

UGVPS is a real company.  Not a house/CC owner company.   The clue to others for now is that UGVPS uses non-CC locations.  House brands never do that :)

I pulled UG's info a while back.  Crystal, she isn't likely the person running the place.  She's the fellows wife.  They shake out as legitimate and non CC owned (for now).

DISCLAIMER:  If they keep it up with the slow and bitchy support person many complain about, they are headed towards failure and/or CC takeover covertly.
Personally I wouldn't doubt if CVPS owns them and a few other brands on here, at least partially.

In December of last year Chris was actively pursuing companies to buy a majority stake in. He tried us 2 - 3 times but we said no thank you each and every time.

My basis is if they're hosting with CVPS they're likely owned in part. Any colo's with him probably aren't but the dedi's? Probably.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
My basis is if they're hosting with CVPS they're likely owned in part. Any colo's with him probably aren't but the dedi's? Probably.
I am certain CVPS and CC both give special deals to their customers, especially where customers are able to go out and fend off their detractors some. It's like dealing with the mob though.  Yeah, "you're hurting, we'll swing you some relief, just because we are nice, you don't owe us anything."  The company goes lazy and new issue comes up quick.  Then it's well, "we can't keep doing this sort of stuff, but how about...."  In comes the IOU that never was given as an IOU, pulling swing over the matter unfairly.

We see with EoR and issues there how an established provider supposedly took a big dollar whooping/theft by CC and won't even punch them back.  Playing games like delisting a company from your controlled sites --- for leaving the mothership  --- is clearly EXTORTION.  It's illegal.

Clear they aren't taking companies over through legal means, but "rescuing" brands on the ropes and stumbling.  Some of the rope time and stumbling is in fact due to making a poor provider choice in CC.  Look at what a scarlet letter  putting Buffalo in an ad is?  Instant ignore by lots of folks.  How many providers still try to hide that location on listings elsewhere, stating it's New York and nothing more? :)

No provider in their right mind is going on these sites defending CC/CVPS and enduring my wrath for free.  Yep, others have stepped up their game too in shutting these favorites down in threads. 

That's what I've seen and heard from both sides of the fence.

amuck-landowner