amuck-landowner

[Confirmed] GreenValueHost being sold to XFuseSolutions

zomgmike

Verified Provider
1600 dollars would pay for half of one of my wife's prescriptions for a month.
I originally misread this to mean multiple wives and almost spit out my coffee.  Just thought I'd share that.

If the $1600 price tag is accurate, if the 200 servers thing is accurate, and working off the assumption that the servers are reasonably full*, I'd imagine that just about anyone could get a return on their money within a year.  You're only wagering $1600 + whatever you sink into it.  Abusive customers can be shed quickly.  The servers are (presumably) rented, so they can (presumably) be dumped at any time to scale down the infrastructure to reflect fewer customers. If you consider the brand worth almost nothing, you can rebrand and give yourself (or your main brand) the 301 redirect.  Most people don't read the forums we do and a rebrand would conceal the reviews of yesteryear.

With the abusive clients booted and fewer nodes, you might be able to get away with using only your current staff to service them.  Use the customer email list for some inside sales and you might have a thing going.  And worst case scenario you're out $1600 + any monthly losses (which can be minimized quickly.)

I'm basing this on some assumptions, but if they're right, in capable hands I see an opportunity.

*Reasonably full is a decent assumption if they're rented nodes.  Why rent servers if you can't fill them?  Or if they are rented and not full, there's efficiency yet to be achieved.

RLT

It does look like that was what I meant. I really detest auto correct.

Kris obamacare has doubled plus some my insurance for less coverage. So I would say its a win for the insurance companies. The meds mentioned above are now not covered.

Kris

It does look like that was what I meant. I really detest auto correct.

Kris obamacare has doubled plus some my insurance for less coverage. So I would say its a win for the insurance companies. The meds mentioned above are now not covered.

You should still be able to purchase off-marketplace. What seemed odd was the price of an urgent care facility visit. Those are $40-50, especially if you stay within the provider's network. 

I know plans also had a out of pocket maximum of $6500 for the cheapest plans, and mine was $1500 out of pocket maximum.

If you aren't getting a good plan with covered medication (or ridiculous prices for urgent care facilities) you should purchase off market place, or perhaps a Platinum plan that includes it. 

Just hearing those numbers and didn't sound right. The insurance companies are definitely taking advantage of it, but you shouldn't be paying that much!   

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Not my handiwork, but since it was out there via customer system and on WHT offer:

VPS & Dedicated Sales under XFuse Solutions, LLC.

XFuse Solutions, LLC (http://www.xfusesolutions.com) is pending full acquisition of the rights to GreenValueHost's virtual private server (VPS) and dedicated server product lines and customer base.

Pending the finalization of the acquistion contract, Green Value Hosting, Inc. will continue selling VPS and Dedicated server hosting services under the GreenValueHost brand, powered by XFuse Solutions, LLC. support. We will continue providing VPS and dedicated customers with support in the interim while contracts and other related endeavors are being finalized leading up to the acquisition and transfer of customers.

Duke Hebert, owner of XFuse Solutions, along with his staff have access to our helpdesk to assist clients with technical and sales inquires relating to the product lines they are acquiring. Any new orders for VPS and/or dedicated servers ordered from GreenValueHost leading up to the acquistion will still be transferred to them along with the rest of existing plans. We have received confirmation that prices will NOT be raised at XFuse Solutions upon completion of acquisition.

If you have any questions, plaese contact us.

Thank you,

- GreenValueHost / Green Value Hosting, Inc. Staff
- XFuse Solutions / XFuse Solutions, LLC. Staff 

Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Some of that may change slightly by game day.  Prices will remain for customers though.  

New staff is tight knit group, so anyone prior concerned (rightly) about privacy of their account and such, just know that it will be a big improvement over prior staff (well documented and pointed about in threads).

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Ugh. So they're keeping the name? I thought the name would be gone.

What percentage of the old staff will remain with the new group?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Ugh. So they're keeping the name? I thought the name would be gone.

What percentage of the old staff will remain with the new group?
Don't hold me to it.

Name, meh.  Ahh me, I've recommended burning anything with GVH / Greenvaluehost on it out in the firepit.  I think it's a deterrent to sales.  Could go either way.  But piss poor approach to divest customers to another company, then have that company operate under same/similar name while the GVH LLC is over there doing something stupid perhaps.  Will lead to mass shit and have people out here rightly questioning WTF happened.

Old staff, I think one person retained.  Rest are gone.  No lounge lizards, teenage hipsters or other slacktards invited.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Old staff, I think one person retained.  Rest are gone.  No lounge lizards, teenage hipsters or other slacktards invited.
It's not my place to ask, but because I'm curious... Who is this single person to remain? Why that individual over everyone else?

I hope they do a good audit on everything. I hear tons of "free servers" and "my service is still up when I cancelled a long time ago" and whatnot leaks from GVH.

Duke and his team has a ton of work ahead of them. While I personally don't see any benefit from taking over, if they believe it's worth it then ok.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It's not my place to ask, but because I'm curious... Who is this single person to remain? Why that individual over everyone else?

I hope they do a good audit on everything. I hear tons of "free servers" and "my service is still up when I cancelled a long time ago" and whatnot leaks from GVH.

Duke and his team has a ton of work ahead of them. While I personally don't see any benefit from taking over, if they believe it's worth it then ok.
Person is an actual worker who pulls his own weight, actually works.  Which is rare in ticket desks.

Audit, yeppers.   As you'll note things are pending and delayed.  That's so things can be quiet and numbers ran, crap cleaned and free/comp'd/misifit stuff well documented.  This whole circus act wasn't supposed to go public or official for up to a month from when MannDude posted things.  Minimum though was a few weeks.  So they find themselves in under some urgency to get things moving along.

Benefits from taking over?  Same reason why everyone in industry goes into business: customers.  Customers are income, fuel it all. Whether that can be made to work, meh, I stay out of the books, out of customer systems, etc.  I can't honestly say.  But GVH DID or sort of still does have a good sized customer base. Plus Duke has his risk assessed, hopefully it pans out (gold reference).

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Person is an actual worker who pulls his own weight, actually works.  Which is rare in ticket desks.

Audit, yeppers.   As you'll note things are pending and delayed.  That's so things can be quiet and numbers ran, crap cleaned and free/comp'd/misifit stuff well documented.  This whole circus act wasn't supposed to go public or official for up to a month from when MannDude posted things.  Minimum though was a few weeks.  So they find themselves in under some urgency to get things moving along.

Benefits from taking over?  Same reason why everyone in industry goes into business: customers.  Customers are income, fuel it all. Whether that can be made to work, meh, I stay out of the books, out of customer systems, etc.  I can't honestly say.  But GVH DID or sort of still does have a good sized customer base. Plus Duke has his risk assessed, hopefully it pans out (gold reference).
Please tell me this "individual" isn't Jon nor any of his multiple personalities. Or that Lance guy. Or his previous Director of Marketing or whatever that other guys name was.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Please tell me this "individual" isn't Jon nor any of his multiple personalities. Or that Lance guy. Or his previous Director of Marketing or whatever that other guys name was.
No way Pieman, no way.

Lance, hahaha. Certainly not him.  That bloke isn't involved in much of anything in this industry in recent years.

The guy remaining is helpdesk and based in the UK is my understanding.

Director of Jasolav?  That was some skit.   Precisely why no one really wanted to touch this company. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
People time to go and buy those delicious E3 at a price of a chilli's meal.
Indeed.   I can't see those lingering because they aren't sustainable on multiple levels I cannot say.   

Those with them can keep them and perhaps returns will go back out, but not going to be at those stupid prices.

zed

Typical gvh psuedo-corpspew, the only thing missing is the "for immediate release" jokeline. Oh muh staffs.

AFK learning more testimonials.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I had sympathy and understanding until I saw this.  That's all gone now.

the finalization of the acquistion contract, Green Value Hosting, Inc. will continue selling VPS and Dedicated server hosting services under the GreenValueHost brand, powered by XFuse Solutions, LLC. support. 

sv01

Slow but sure

the finalization of the acquistion contract, Green Value Hosting, Inc. will continue selling VPS and Dedicated server hosting services under the GreenValueHost brand, powered by XFuse Solutions, LLC. support. 
LOL :D

Green Value Hosting, Inc. Management Team
Upcoming changes are coming to GreenValueHost regarding the management of the company and our customer base. An announcement will be made regarding the changes soon.

Lance Jessurun, Director; Majority Shareholder
Scott Sawyer, Technical Operations Manager
both GVH and Xfuse full of bull****

MattKC

And Jonny plays everyone as the fool once again. If everything is in "audit" mode why is Jonny trying to sell his ass off at the stupid prices still? He just posted new offers last night, and the "disclaimer" added to those posts is nothing like what has been claimed would be happening in this thread.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
And Jonny plays everyone as the fool once again. If everything is in "audit" mode why is Jonny trying to sell his ass off at the stupid prices still? He just posted new offers last night, and the "disclaimer" added to those posts is nothing like what has been claimed would be happening in this thread.
That's a good question @MattKC and I'm glad you asked it, cause I sure would have.

I glanced the WHT thread,  the prices were low, but they were up for GVH.

Duke approved those to move the idle inventory.  This time next month, probably won't be running them that low though.

RLT

Well since no deal is finalized they cant stop nuggets.

Until its final nuggets thinks he can posture all he wants to.

Most of the accusations I've seen over the years have went the same way.

With that said i personally would consider the leaking of the deal a deal breaker. My offer would be immediately with drawn. Allowed to go this path nuggets will just cause irreparable harm to everyone involved reputations.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Yeah let's say Duke wasn't thrilled about that.   If you look that has been updated, was last night.  You can blame Jonny for writing in public on that one.  I need to talk to Duke about revoking some privileges or something here in interim.

What Duke posted is as follows:  http://secure.greenvaluehost.com/announcements.php?id=36

XFuse Solutions, LLC to Acquire GreenValueHost VPS and Dedicated Customers

XFuse Solutions, LLC (http://www.xfusesolutions.com) has tentatively agreed to acquire GreenValueHost's:

Virtual private server (VPS) customers

Dedicated server customers

Shared hosting customers

GreenValueHost will continue providing VPS, and dedicated customers with support until contracts are finalized, and transfer occurs. During this interim period GreenValueHost customers will see improved support, with additional support being provided by XFuse Solutions,LLC.

Duke Hebert the owner of XFuse Solutions, LLC, along with his staff have access to our helpdesk to assist clients with sales, and technical inquires.

XFuse Solutions,LLC promises to maintain prices on all dedicated server purchases sold.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Thank you,

- GreenValueHost / Green Value Hosting, Inc. Staff

- XFuse Solutions / XFuse Solutions, LLC. Staff 

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Reactions: Lee
amuck-landowner