amuck-landowner

Considering the recent issues at LET/B, where can I find your disclosures of business relationships?

NickM

Verified Provider
It would be nice if there was a disclosures page that details the staff members relationships with the various hosting companies.  For example, I notice that the server is hosted by BuyVM - is BuyVM providing that for free, or is someone paying for it?  Basically, I'm looking for transparency, and it should be easy to find (I couldn't find anything about it).

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Curtis paid from his own pocket. I know fran likes to keep his wallet shut unless he is in vegas :p

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It would be nice if there was a disclosures page that details the staff members relationships with the various hosting companies.  For example, I notice that the server is hosted by BuyVM - is BuyVM providing that for free, or is someone paying for it?  Basically, I'm looking for transparency, and it should be easy to find (I couldn't find anything about it).

I think buyvm is only in a DDOS mitigation capacity at this time.

No, vpsboard is hosted on a BuyVM kvm, presumably with a ddos filtered IP and then using offloaded MySQL (BuyVM+).

Great topic!

Yes, this server is hosted by BuyVM. Earlier today it was hosted on my personal server that I have with RocketVPS. I am affiliated with neither of these companies. I am paying for both servers.

With BuyVM I'm paying for a KVM VPS, DDoS filtered IP (just in case) and offload the DB to their nice and affordable MySQL solution. They don't get anything from this other than my money and my many many many thanks for getting vpsBoard transitioned to my server with them quickly. An unmanaged provider, but in a time of need went above and beyond what I'd expect from even a managed provider. They get my props.

Now, yes, I work for URPad at this current time. This is a personal site. I don't want to tarnish my reputation as an admin by posting URPad offers here, by advertising it here, etc. If my new boss were to ask me to use this site as a means to push sales, I would kindly decline to do that.

This place is yours as much as it's mine, so I do appreciate everyone joining today and finding this place fit to be your new home. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
No sweat :)

I do my best to help everyone I can.

I know i'm prone to franning things but I do learn over time :p

Francisco

NickM

Verified Provider
Thanks for the reply, MannDude.   What I'm basically getting at is though is do you plan to add some kind of easy-to-find page that details all of this?  I think it would go a long way towards easing some people's mind about that kind of thing.  Even just adding a "Disclosures" link in the footer next to the privacy policy would do the trick, I think.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hee haw!

I jumped over here cause of the caliber of folks who were already here.

When I look around LET I see plenty of morons, dupes and crooked folks.  That's the users.  Hell the providers, lots of them are even worse.

Who I buy from was mostly already here.

So, with everything MannDude has declared and BuyVM coming in to rescue (was the site being DDoS'd earlier or what) I say, this is the place I trust.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
If anyone is wondering I have had no-involvement in this forum from the start. 

I sold my companies and I have been just sitting back and relaxing/drinking and gambling. Was new car shopping today and while I was out that whole LET thing happened. I checked my phone on the way home and I had like 5 texts and many G+ and Skype notifications so obviously it appears something fun happened while I was out. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I sold my companies and I have been just sitting back and relaxing/drinking and gambling. Was new car shopping today and while I was out that whole LET thing happened. I checked my phone on the way home and I had like 5 texts and many G+ and Skype notifications so obviously it appears something fun happened while I was out. 
WHY NOT JUST SAY YOU WORK FOR COLOCROSSING SIR

lolnoimjustkidding

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So come on, you cashed the check and the funds cleared Miller.

Kevin Hillstrand = Adam Jack(son).

Spit the truth about that created persona and whatever else you think won't scare the internet to death.  

Punjabi

I just hope this forum doesn't pull the shit move of selling paid ad-spots like LET. Else it would just be a matter of time, this forum going the same path as LET.

By the way, was it really some medical condition (read it on LET) which led Joel to disappear?

I remember couple of users raised their voices once the word was out that Chief was actually Joel. I guess some of them even left the forum because of it, with one user even opening up a thread explaining his dislike for Joel's behavior, opposing his selection for running the operation & reasons for leaving.

PS. I really liked Vanilla, with all the topics in a single section/frontend, it was really nice.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Welcome @Punjabi.

I am not as concerned about ad spots.  They are easily ad blocked :)  Issue isn't truly with ads, but what the ads are and who is profiteering from them.

Tim from Hostigation said it on LET earlier.  He was fine forking over money to Joel.  But wasn't fine with that going to Colocrossing.   

Joel = illness.   I saw one thread I remember about that.  Seemed to be a joke.  Joel had long been busy with his kite business and living the good life.

Joel sold because the community wasn't his interest and required time and upkeep.

Vanilla, yeah, thread arrangement up front is interesting.  Can't say I totally adored it, but different.

amuck-landowner