amuck-landowner

CoreXchange Sold Yesterday to Zayo / AboveNet / zColo - Today Incero Hikes Prices

jarland

The ocean is digital
Incero just wants to increase prices. Problem?
Tbh I don't see enough information to draw a conclusion, just people talking back and forth. Everyone is capable of saying one thing and doing another, both zayo and Incero. Incero gave their take on the situation, zayo threw out some PR work, that's about all I see here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
When was the last time your cable or electric company, or local chain store grocery store gave you a reason why they were jacking up the prices for the 10th time in the past year? :)

Incero should have given more notice, and they should not have repriced invoices that had already been issued, but they are perfectly justified in raising prices if they see a need to raise them (and by the same token their customers are perfectly justified in finding a new provider if they feel the price hike is excessive).
Yes they are fine in raising prices whenever they want, but as you said, modifying existing invoices is wrong and not giving any heads up about it is also wrong.

You can't just run a gas station and while someone is pumping change the price from $3 per gallon to $30 per gallon.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Pretty clear reply from the President, they seem to be going the right way with no price increases and keeping it carrier neutral and there sub brand ColoUnlimited will expand locations.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9040589&postcount=57
Even still, I can sympathize with Gordon's concerns here.

I would not want Zayo as my landlord either, considering we are taking 100gbps service from them.  We would now lose a lot of negotiating power that is key to our business if we were using CoreX.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Increasing the price is better than keeping the original price and provide crap service.

mojeda

We are looking at a pretty decent increase from this. 

What bothers me most, is that there were 3 free things being offered by Incero to "make up" for the increase.

1)  2TB drive on one server

2)  Free NAS space

3)  Free upgrade to 30TB of bandwidth

Unfortunately, all our servers are full as far as drive bays are concerned (2TB is just a backup drive or such anyway...can't use it for hosting), we already have a NAS account, and have been paying for 30TB of bandwidth on the servers since we got them. 

So the low-paying budget clients get all these upgrades, we get nothing.  That one left a bad taste in my mouth.  The 10% increase isn't terrible.  But the no upgrades, and having a promotional server raised $30/mo. irritates me.  That combined with the fact that this literally happened overnight with absolutely no notice, makes the whole thing a very bad experience. 

Not planning on pulling a Burst and cancelling our servers there, but it's pretty unlikely that we'll be adding any more servers.  Can't really afford another overnight increase.  Never had a provider raise prices on existing clients.  Quadranet and the other folks we use would very likely never do this.  They certainly haven't yet, as long as we've been with them.
Did you check to see if they can discount your 30TB B/W and NAS Storage?

amuck-landowner