amuck-landowner

could someone tell me how to find whether a hosting company i providing purely ssd or not ?

kkrajdurai

hi ,

Actually i am using a cloudbebo ssd vps hosting company and it providing SSD VPS disk's  as space ....but how to find weather it is really providing ssd or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Unless you have access to the hardware, you just have to take their word for it. A good indicator is giving a simple DD test a try, but even if you get 1GB/s it doesn't mean they are running SSDs. Now if you're getting 50MB/s then it's a good sign that you're either not on SSDs or they have your throttled.

Wintereise

SSDs have FAR lower access latency / times than HDDs.

A multitude of the io pinging tools can all be used to check this.

WebTech Hosts

Verified Provider
Put a Windows Server on it if you can. It will show up as a SSD or HDD - and you can do some read write tests.

Criot

Verified Provider
If you can't trust them to tell you the truth about their hardware, can you trust them with your data? That's something you need to consider. If I had any reason to believe a company was lying about their hardware, I probably wouldn't use their services.

As others have suggested, you can perform tests etc and get results to try and find out.

cubixcloud

Verified Provider
If you can't trust them to tell you the truth about their hardware, can you trust them with your data? That's something you need to consider. If I had any reason to believe a company was lying about their hardware, I probably wouldn't use their services.

As others have suggested, you can perform tests etc and get results to try and find out.
I agree! The hosting provider should have a problem providing your with proof they have SSDs or providing you a trial run for a specific amount of time. But I have to ask. What makes you doubt this provider doesn't have SSDs?

amuck-landowner