amuck-landowner

cPanel/Plesk Alternative?

kunnu

Verified Provider
Hello,

We decided to switch from cPanel, I thought Plesk is good alternative but both are owned by same company and cPanel is no longer trusted.

Can you suggest good alternative to cPanel?

Thanks.

web-project

Verified Provider
Plesk is still great, the other alternative is DirectAdmin but the issue is that control panel is so dated, never was popular till now! if you required to change the settings with DA you need to use more SSH instead of control panel, in my opinion if I do use more SSH (I don't have any issues to use SSH) but what the point to pay for GUI?

eslabs

CWP is free,
for commercial user, there is no other than cpanel/plesk/directadmin, maybe you can try vestcp

HostMayo-WK

DA is the best option right now. Not only it has better gui than others but because of its enterprise level support. You can also go to cyberpanel and Hysteria panel both have good user interface but in the end DA is premium in comparison to them (ofcourse not as premium as cpanel). I am also experimenting with DA. It is taking time but lets face it we have to do something if we want to get rid of cpanel black mailing.

qtechservers

A lot of users are switching to DirectAdmin and CWP panel after the sudden price increase in cPanel. A choice can be put on the customers they can stay on the servers they are on and have a price increase for using cPanel, Or they can move to one of the alternates.

IspConfig is pretty powerful and open source (free). We are looking at setting up some production servers with it for our shared plans and leaving cPanel altogether in the future.

hostneverdie

Directadmin is the best alternative to cPanel/Plesk. It is easy to use and affordable. Although it has less features than the other two but it wouldn't be a problem if you know how to use SSH.

Jack134

There are many alternatives to cPanel and Plesk that you can consider using as a control panel for your server. Some popular options include:
  1. Webmin: This is a web-based control panel that allows you to manage your server through a web browser. It is open-source and free to use.
  2. DirectAdmin: This is a commercial control panel that offers a wide range of features and is easy to use.
  3. ISPConfig: This is an open-source control panel that is specifically designed for use with Linux servers. It offers a wide range of features and is highly customizable.
  4. Virtualmin: This is another open-source control panel that is similar to Webmin, but it is specifically designed for use with virtual private servers (VPS).

deanhills

I like the Debian fork of VestaCP the most. VestaCP used to be popular until its owner started to neglect necessary maintenance and the panel became known for being a security risk, however one of the Admin of VestaCP who is administrating a number of Debian servers, decided to share his fork at myvestacp. I used to use CentOS so then had to change to Debian, which after learning how nice and streamlined it is in comparison with chaotic and voluminous CentOS was a change for the better.

amuck-landowner