amuck-landowner

Creative minds wanted: creating populated cpanel accounts?

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I have an idea where I should set up a WHMCS installation and "selling" products which actually contains a cpanel account (shared hosting) and should be pre populated with a script/template for the "buyer".

I've looked around some and there are a few options but I'm throwing it out here to ask for your opinion and/or ideas.

* create different reseller account for each script/template and put the files into the skeleton directory for each reseller. Good enough until you need a database.

* install softaculous and use the whmcs addon that lets you install the scripts available from softaculous. Good when the script is available, worse when it's a custom script.

* remote execution of a script on the cpanel or whmcs server (they are not installed on the same server) that does everything for you.

Option 3 would probably be the best but I have no knowledge about whms hooks/addons, perhaps someone here already has a solution for my problem?

Please give your opinion on what solution you would use and let me knoe why you would use that solution.

Any pointers regarding code is also welcomed.

Thank you for reading.

RiotSecurity

You're kidding right?

There are so many possible flaws with this, however let us suppose you do this, how is this easier then someone hitting a 1 click button with a pre-made software and it install it for them(ex: softaclous)?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I once bought a script that did exactly this. It cost me a bit of money but was a complete waste of time. I couldn't get it to work and the company was entirely useless.

mikho

You're kidding right?

There are so many possible flaws with this, however let us suppose you do this, how is this easier then someone hitting a 1 click button with a pre-made software and it install it for them(ex: softaclous)?
Please give examples on some flaws, just throwing out a statement like that without giving examples adds as much value to this question as a camels shit in the desert.

To answer your second question: the people I am thinking of (that actual client in this case) doesn't know how a computer works, even less how to configure a site.

And to add more value to the question, one of the scripts is custom made and not available with installatron/softtaculous.

So adding those scripts is icing on the cake.

mikho

Installatron supports what I think you're asking for.

http://installatron.com/developer/automation/whmcs
I'm looking for something where I can automate the setup, without the need to create the account, login to cPanel, click the installatron/softaculous/install custom script.

If I can make this in say 1 minute instead of 10, this would save me some. Ime by the end of the year and I would know that it was done exactly the same way every time. Even someone else would be able to do it when I am not around.

mikho

I once bought a script that did exactly this. It cost me a bit of money but was a complete waste of time. I couldn't get it to work and the company was entirely useless.
I did try some of the already made scripts for WHMCS but got the same result as you. In some cases the addon hadn't been updated since 2009.

George_Fusioned

Verified Provider
I'm looking for something where I can automate the setup, without the need to create the account, login to cPanel, click the installatron/softaculous/install custom script.

If I can make this in say 1 minute instead of 10, this would save me some. Ime by the end of the year and I would know that it was done exactly the same way every time. Even someone else would be able to do it when I am not around.
Did you even read the page JackDoan mentioned?

Installatron's WHMCS hook does exactly what you want ie. install a specific package on a shared hosting account directly via WHMCS without having to login to cPanel, click installatron and install the specific script.

http://installatron.com/developer/automation/whmcshook

The Installatron Automation Hook method of integration was developed by Installatron as an open source solution that enables WHMCS packages to be configured to automatically install applications during the account order process.

mikho

Did you even read the page JackDoan mentioned?

Installatron's WHMCS hook does exactly what you want ie. install a specific package on a shared hosting account directly via WHMCS without having to login to cPanel, click installatron and install the specific script.

http://installatron.com/developer/automation/whmcshook
Yes I have read it, reading my reply one more time I understand that I wrote it in a way that my intentions were not clear.

This looks perfect when there are a installatron application available. What about the cases when the application is not available via Installatron?

Let me try to explain it better by giving an example of a typical situation:

I have a bunch of php files in a folder structure with a mySQL dump with some data in it, in this case I would like the files to be copied into the newly created directory and the database imported and associated with the newly created account.

another example could be that I would like to install a Wordpress site with a specific template that was made for the site. I could use installatron or softaculous to install Wordpress, but i would still need to add the theme and change it to the active template.

Basicly I would like to be able to create my own application packages and install them...

Hope I explained it better this time.

amuck-landowner