amuck-landowner

Crissic has been acquired by Quadranet

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
8:23 on that time stamp,   probably not out of there until 9PM.... 5 hours to Miami.....  Puts that at 2AM arrival.

I am bad at math.  1 hour to rack and wire and bring everything up.   I don't see that happening.

Sam

Verified Provider
8:23 on that time stamp,   probably not out of there until 9PM.... 5 hours to Miami.....  Puts that at 2AM arrival.

I am bad at math.  1 hour to rack and wire and bring everything up.   I don't see that happening.

Your math seems to be correct at 6am EDT 

willie

My JAX vps is working and reporting 27 days uptime.  Don't know if that means it hasn't been moved yet, or if it means some openvz container snapshot thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:

InertiaNetworks-John

Inertia Networks, LLC
Verified Provider
@MannDude, that's pretty smart of you to look at the GoRack cameras like that. Never would have thought of that!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
My JAX vps is working and reporting 27 days uptime.  Don't know if that means it hasn't been moved yet, or if it means some openvz container snapshot thing. 

That's bogus.  It was down at least 12 hours during the move.  All gear was moved from Jacksonville to Miami on Saturday night into Sunday morning and brought back up in Quadranet's cage in Miami.

They didn't shutdown the nodes, they suspended the containers.   Unsure why in this sort of event they did that.  Ideally someone who is learned about such can say why this was done.

Hxxx

That's bogus.  It was down at least 12 hours during the move.  All gear was moved from Jacksonville to Miami on Saturday night into Sunday morning and brought back up in Quadranet's cage in Miami.

They didn't shutdown the nodes, they suspended the containers.   Unsure why in this sort of event they did that.  Ideally someone who is learned about such can say why this was done.
Suspending the containers will prevent user processes [those that are not configured to start up automatically] from being down. Container environment stay untouched.

SkylarM

Verified Provider

Suspending the containers will prevent user processes [those that are not configured to start up automatically] from being down. Container environment stay untouched.
Crissic had swapped a lot of the nodes to suspension only back when we did manual updates to the vzkernel (prior to adding kernel care) -- makes things easier on the customers and on us to put a container into suspend state rather than a full power down.

FLDataTeK

Verified Provider
Kind of explains why they were still there when I went to GoRack the other day, I was there the day before they moved.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Providers who rented IP addresses from Crissic are being given an ultimatum by Quadranet: if you don't colo with us, or rent a dedicated server from us we're going to take back your IP allocations.

Dustin from Quadranet:

Quote said:
I think we gave you two options; colo with us or rent a dedicated server with us, if you're interested in keeping the IPv4 addresses we've allocated you.

If you're not willing to do either, we will regretfully have to reclaim the IPv4 addresses as this is not a product Crissic publicly offered. IPv4 leasing is not a product we wish to keep offering under the Crissic brand.
Dustin exhibiting the same outstanding ethics and regard for customers he used to show when he ran SemoWeb and the specs he advertised didn't match the resources allocated (he advertised plans with swap but didn't provide it, and  well, customers who noticed it wasn't allocated had to publicly beg to get what they paid for, and this wasn't a one time event--it went on for months, see http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/258799/#Comment_258799).  Combine him with the other guy at Quadranet who lied to the hosting community for years  by claiming his name was Kevin, add to the mix their questionable advertising tactics with their bogus " price matching" claims (they claim they'll match any price, but then don't honor that promise...usual reason is "that provider's price isn't sustainable"),  and you have a few of the reasons I wouldn't even consider using Quadranet.

Funny thing about Dustin's statements about IP leasing not being "a product Crissic publicly offered", Crissic did publicly advertise that they offered IP leasing in their offers...in f*cking bold type.  From a Crissic ad posted on July 28th, just before the acquisition:

"Contact us about your IPv4 address needs. We have IPs available at very affordable rates."

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/59212/los-angeles-ssd-ovz-4-a-month-kvm-4-50-month-more-savings-inside

Code:
I was just compiling a list of IPv4 rental customers, we (QuadraNet) will no longer be servicing these specific customers, and we ask that you migrate away from this IP block before 9/16/2015 (your due date). We can certainly work out a deal where you keep these IPs *only* if you colo with us or use them on QuadraNet dedicated servers, otherwise we're reclaiming these.

Would the above be an option for you? Colo or dedi? I believe you guys are using Psychz - we would be happy to review what they are providing you and see about matching their pricing. I'm confident you will be extremely happy with our high quality network and service.

I sincerely appreciate your time and look forward to hearing back from you.

---
Thank You,

Adam Ng
Crissic Solutions.

Tyler

@DomainBop This shit is unbelievable. There have also been rumblings about how the IPs were requested from ARIN, and if they were done so legally.  

This is probably the most public-facing complaint currently out there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3gqovv/i_am_john_curran_president_and_ceo_of_the/cu0k5mc

However, it's also been discussed that there were potentially some "paperwork misfilings" (if you can call it that) which misrepresented the number of IPs in use and by whom they were used.

I'm seriously starting to believe we need a website/list/webpage somewhere that makes publicly available the amount of utter shit put out by companies like CC, QN, and GVH (giving it company status was perhaps too kind). 

Perhaps a timeline of the shenanigans with links and sources for confirmation, since it seems too many are not keen/savvy enough to read forums. 

joepie91

Providers who rented IP addresses from Crissic are being given an ultimatum by Quadranet: if you don't colo with us, or rent a dedicated server from us we're going to take back your IP allocations.

Dustin from Quadranet:

Quote said:
I think we gave you two options; colo with us or rent a dedicated server with us, if you're interested in keeping the IPv4 addresses we've allocated you.

If you're not willing to do either, we will regretfully have to reclaim the IPv4 addresses as this is not a product Crissic publicly offered. IPv4 leasing is not a product we wish to keep offering under the Crissic brand.
Dustin exhibiting the same outstanding ethics and regard for customers he used to show when he ran SemoWeb and the specs he advertised didn't match the resources allocated (he advertised plans with swap but didn't provide it, and  well, customers who noticed it wasn't allocated had to publicly beg to get what they paid for, and this wasn't a one time event--it went on for months, see http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/258799/#Comment_258799).  Combine him with the other guy at Quadranet who lied to the hosting community for years  by claiming his name was Kevin, add to the mix their questionable advertising tactics with their bogus " price matching" claims (they claim they'll match any price, but then don't honor that promise...usual reason is "that provider's price isn't sustainable"),  and you have a few of the reasons I wouldn't even consider using Quadranet.

Funny thing about Dustin's statements about IP leasing not being "a product Crissic publicly offered", Crissic did publicly advertise that they offered IP leasing in their offers...in f*cking bold type.  From a Crissic ad posted on July 28th, just before the acquisition:

"Contact us about your IPv4 address needs. We have IPs available at very affordable rates."

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/59212/los-angeles-ssd-ovz-4-a-month-kvm-4-50-month-more-savings-inside

I was just compiling a list of IPv4 rental customers, we (QuadraNet) will no longer be servicing these specific customers, and we ask that you migrate away from this IP block before 9/16/2015 (your due date). We can certainly work out a deal where you keep these IPs *only* if you colo with us or use them on QuadraNet dedicated servers, otherwise we're reclaiming these.

Would the above be an option for you? Colo or dedi? I believe you guys are using Psychz - we would be happy to review what they are providing you and see about matching their pricing. I'm confident you will be extremely happy with our high quality network and service.

I sincerely appreciate your time and look forward to hearing back from you.

---
Thank You,

Adam Ng
Crissic Solutions.

Curious - are they going to break rental contract, or simply not renewing the rent in accordance with contract terms? That could be the difference between it being questionable or it being plain illegal.

souen

When Patrick from INIZ replied to the person who brought up the issue that he should've gotten a contract, the other didn't clarify or correct him. My guess is in that instance there was no rental contract and was more a good-faith arrangement. If that were the case, would the person still have legal footing without a written deal?

QuadraNet_Adam

Verified Provider
@joepie91

We are working with each and every single IP rental customer to make sure they have sufficient amount of time to find a feasible alternative. As you can see to my reply to this particular customer (snipped below)

we ask that you migrate away from this IP block before 9/16/2015 (your due date). As such that implies that the customer was not on a contract, and we're simply allowing him to utilize the IP block up until his next due date - that is assuming he does not wish to get a server on our network.

Thanks!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Curious - are they going to break rental contract, or simply not renewing the rent in accordance with contract terms? That could be the difference between it being questionable or it being plain illegal.
I'll say this about the agreements previously in place.  The IP rentals were month to month.  10 day late pay allowance.  Revocation for non payment or abuse left unchecked.  Future price adjustments with 45 days notice of intent.

That said, QN is inevitably saying that the IPs are property of Quadranet, and as per their IP info change with ARIN as of 8/14/2015 (whole ASN and ranges have been relabeled as Quadranet).  Therefore, striking all contracts as with prior owner and no longer enforceable.   But that is made complicated by some claims that QN acquired only assets and inferred they didn't acquire everything.

Range in place here really should be 45 days minimum for customers to migrate.  That's the change high mark in IP agreement and semi relative.  Plus it is just common decency to give people such an amount of time considering their business banks on such IPs.

I'll leave it at that.

OSTKCabal

Verified Provider
@joepie91

We are working with each and every single IP rental customer to make sure they have sufficient amount of time to find a feasible alternative. As you can see to my reply to this particular customer (snipped below)

we ask that you migrate away from this IP block before 9/16/2015 (your due date). As such that implies that the customer was not on a contract, and we're simply allowing him to utilize the IP block up until his next due date - that is assuming he does not wish to get a server on our network.

Thanks!

Stop. It has become quite obvious to me that Quadranet does not give a single shit about its customers, both current and acquired through this sort of acquisition. The things you have done during this entire process are simply disgusting. "Welcome to the Quadranet family, but we're going to stop selling everything and reclaim as many IPs as possible in as short a time as possible" - tell me, and be honest, does that make sense to you? Anyone with a brain can see you're encouraging Crissic's customers to cancel their services. All in the name of IPs, IPs, IPs.

For a company that claims to excel at providing personal and business solutions, telling your personal and business customers that they lose their IPs unless they colocate or rent directly with you seems fairly scummy and sudden.

The bottom line? People notice when you don't care about them, and here it is terribly obvious that the people aren't anywhere near as important as the IPs you're getting through this sale. I haven't seen a recent acquisition that has been wholly beneficial for people, but it's not an impossibility. Can't some company with the resources at least try?

@joepie91

Thanks!

Stop. It has become quite obvious to me that Quadranet does not give a single shit about its customers, both current and acquired through this sort of acquisition. The things you have done during this entire process are simply disgusting. "Welcome to the Quadranet family, but we're going to stop selling everything and reclaim as many IPs as possible in as short a time as possible" - tell me, and be honest, does that make sense to you? Anyone with a brain can see you're encouraging Crissic's customers to cancel their services. All in the name of IPs, IPs, IPs.

For a company that claims to excel at providing personal and business solutions, telling your personal and business customers that they lose their IPs unless they colocate or rent directly with you seems fairly scummy and sudden.

The bottom line? People notice when you don't care about them, and here it is terribly obvious that the people aren't anywhere near as important as the IPs you're getting through this sale. I haven't seen a recent acquisition that has been wholly beneficial for people, but it's not an impossibility. Can't some company with the resources at least try?
If this helps clear it up.

I can confirm that we've stopped honoring new orders. Simply put, we're not investing into additional hardware for the Crissic brand. All the gear is at max capacity, and we knew this prior to acquiring the company. At the end of the day, business is business, and not everyone is going to be satisfied with the acquisition. We're trying our best, but there will be sour attitudes over it.

We're servicing existing customers on the same IPv4 space, same hardware and providing an excellent level of service, granted a few issues before and after the migration that now should be resolved. We're trying our best, I promise you.

Lastly, yes we've made a business decision to stop serving a *very short list* and I really mean it, a *very short list*, IIRC two or three customers, who obtained *just* IPv4 through Crissic on month-to-month terms.  In fact we're working with these customers to ensure they have plenty of time. Just because we sent a notice, doesn't mean we're unwilling to work with these customers to ensure the transition off these IPv4 addresses are seamless as possible. In fact, the one customer that made a comment or expressed frustration on LET has decided to speak with us calmly and has chosen to work personally and professionally with me regarding some options presented to him, so that he could keep the IPv4 addresses.

I'm very sorry; I know everyone isn't going to be happy and everyone will have different expectations for us. Should any current Crissic customers wish to discuss any outstanding issues, I'm available via phone or e-mail or through Crissic ticketing system. Just send me a PM, I'm here.

amuck-landowner