amuck-landowner

Crissic has been acquired by Quadranet

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
My JAX vps is working and reporting 27 days uptime.  Don't know if that means it hasn't been moved yet, or if it means some openvz container snapshot thing. 

That's bogus.  It was down at least 12 hours during the move.  All gear was moved from Jacksonville to Miami on Saturday night into Sunday morning and brought back up in Quadranet's cage in Miami.

They didn't shutdown the nodes, they suspended the containers.   Unsure why in this sort of event they did that.  Ideally someone who is learned about such can say why this was done.
Si.  He's right. Some providers do use this little nugget of deception to their advantage.

To some, however, uptime just comes naturally  *winkwinknudgecoughahem* :D 

0NiRKud.png

Yep.  Sorry folks. Your 600 day uptime is predicated on one command.  

Edit:: I started working and forgot to post this for 6 hours, so if this has already been covered....my bad.  Good luck you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

mitgib

Verified Provider
I can confirm that we've stopped honoring new orders. Simply put, we're not investing into additional hardware for the Crissic brand. All the gear is at max capacity, and we knew this prior to acquiring the company.

I used to buy SSL certs through Crissic (https://my.crissic.net/cart.php?gid=12) and those aren't available any more either...
I loved those $5 certs as well, if they were at a loss, I can understand why they are no longer offered.

willie

I think the $5 certificates were slightly profitable since other sellers are charging that for them, or even a tiny bit less.  But I was more comfortable buying them from Crissic--the other places that I know of always seemed a bit sketchy.

Meanwhile I got a renewal invoice for my Crissic vps, paid it, and it renewed smoothly, so points to Quadranet for handling that without fuss.  The invoice came from the Crissic WHMCS rather than QN if that matters.  Amusingly, I note that while it's not possible to order new Crissic products, the pulldowns in the client area still seem to allow upgrading my vps from 512mb to 1GB or 2GB (cost was higher by enough that I wasn't tempted to try it).

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I used to buy SSL certs through Crissic (https://my.crissic.net/cart.php?gid=12) and those aren't available any more either...

I loved those $5 certs as well, if they were at a loss, I can understand why they are no longer offered.
Join GoGetSSL's reseller program and you can get them for less than $4 (Comodo Positive SSL: 1 yr $3.95 , 2 yr cert $3.4/yr 3 yr. cert $3.22/yr).

willie

Yeah, GoGetSSL was the other place I was thinking of with cheap certs, but I felt put off by their site gimmicks, so I preferred buying from Crissic.  I also liked that SklyarM is a regular here.

I don't want to be a reseller, which will probably get me on spam lists.  Just want to buy a few certificates now and then.

sv01

Slow but sure
Yeah, GoGetSSL was the other place I was thinking of with cheap certs, but I felt put off by their site gimmicks, so I preferred buying from Crissic.  I also liked that SklyarM is a regular here.

I don't want to be a reseller, which will probably get me on spam lists.  Just want to buy a few certificates now and then.

I never get spam email from gogetssl.

I think the $5 certificates were slightly profitable since other sellers are charging that for them, or even a tiny bit less.  But I was more comfortable buying them from Crissic--the other places that I know of always seemed a bit sketchy.

Meanwhile I got a renewal invoice for my Crissic vps, paid it, and it renewed smoothly, so points to Quadranet for handling that without fuss.  The invoice came from the Crissic WHMCS rather than QN if that matters.  Amusingly, I note that while it's not possible to order new Crissic products, the pulldowns in the client area still seem to allow upgrading my vps from 512mb to 1GB or 2GB (cost was higher by enough that I wasn't tempted to try it).

Hello, glad to hear the renewal of your VPS was seamless!

To note: We're allowing upgrades, that isn't an issue. Crissic isn't bringing on additional customers which would mean additional nodes being required, in return this leaves cushion on nodes to allow customers to upgrade should they need to.

amuck-landowner