amuck-landowner

Crissic Solutions LLC abandon LA

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Interesting.  

BlueVM getting into the customer acquisition and/or small provider niche?

I think this is a good move for the Crissic customers wanting to stay in same LA location on the same network.   The free service doesn't help either.   Good luck to all involved.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
When we built out in Buffalo we got in many heated discussions over our BGP session.

Jon kept insisting that we should just use CC provided IP space "so then could use our own subnets in SJC". I told him that was a no go and if my BGP session wasn't ready at roll out that I'd simply ship the equipment off to Atlanta.

They kept dragging their feet to the point that Karen had to step in and lay down the latin heat on their asses. She gave them a very simple "You make sure this is in place or we will send someone personally to pickup the gear that has been dropped off."

We got our session but I get the feeling that company wide Jon might have a half dozen sessions. I don't think they like doing sessions much since it causes them headaches when they add/change bandwidth or bandwidth load levels.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@Buffalooed - We're more in the business of helping our friends out... I saw the post on here and asked Skylar about it on skype. We aren't buying the clients we're just picking up the tab for the server and offering people an alternative to finding a new VPS... It'll take 8 - 12 months before we come close to breaking even on the offer.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Thanks @BlueVM, know I've been critical of you guys in the past.  This deal with Crissic, well I like it.  Hope to see more provider cooperation like that.

@Francisco, BGP and CC doesn't seem to go together.  Do the even have the routers and humans to maintain such?

Karen and latin heat :) Tee hee.  Everyone needs a no nonsense person on staff or retainer.  By my count you folks have several.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Thanks @BlueVM, know I've been critical of you guys in the past.  This deal with Crissic, well I like it.  Hope to see more provider cooperation like that.

@Francisco, BGP and CC doesn't seem to go together.  Do the even have the routers and humans to maintain such?

Karen and latin heat :) Tee hee.  Everyone needs a no nonsense person on staff or retainer.  By my count you folks have several.
We don't have a single 'normal' person on staff.

Well, our session is up and never gives us issues. We've had a few issues with BGP communities not picking up properly but I'm not sure if that was quagga or a brocade/juniper bug. In the end it just started working.

BGP is simple and the only drop I had was back in January when I restarted the router to try to fix the network outage we had.

Francisco

amuck-landowner