amuck-landowner

Crissic Solutions SOON to Launch New VPS Offers in Los Angeles, California, USA

SkylarM

Verified Provider
The following email is being sent out to all customers with an active service with Crissic. We are super excited for our LA launch. Order links have been removed for the purposes of this post, but an advertisement will go live here and on other sites when LA goes live. Initially launching with our HDD OpenVZ packages, with plans to add SSD and KVM at a later date!

As a valued customer of Crissic Solutions we are contacting you about the expansion of our VPS services.

Crissic Solutions is happy to announce that we are heading back to Los Angeles, California, USA. We have signed a multiple year agreement with Quadranet, a popular West Coast datacenter provider with a 250 gigabit+ network.

We will be featuring all the same goodies Crissic is known for:

• Owned equipment
  • 10Gbps uplink
  • Dell servers
  • Dual X5650 CPUs with 48GB of memory and RAID-10 drives
  • Everyday low prices
  • Those incredible annual plans customers continue to love
Our Los Angeles launch is coming later this week!

OpenVZ HDD packages are unavailable for ordering at this time. You will be able to purchase these packages in Los Angeles in coming days. Order pages will show a LOCATION dropdown once brought online later in the week

We will not be offering migration services from Jacksonville, Florida, to Los Angeles, California, at this time.

Los Angeles, California is the place for Asia

Los Angeles, California, is a key market for those throughout Asia. Latency from Asia to Los Angeles should be up to 50ms less compared to our flagship Jacksonville, Florida location. Distance is solely the reason. The two locations are literally bookends of the United States.

Quadranet's bandwidth mix includes PCCW which customers from Asia already enjoy in Jacksonville. Other Asian upstream providers in Los Angeles Quadranet worth mentioning include ChinaUnicom, NTT, and Hinet Taiwan.

Tests from Tokyo to Los Angeles are seeing around 100ms latency. Also tested was Sydney, Australia, with around 163ms latency.

Give Quadranet's test IP a try: 198.55.111.5 via IPv6 2607:fcd0:0:a::1

Speed test files: http://repos.lax-noc.com/speedtests/10mb.bin
http://repos.lax-noc.com/speedtests/100mb.bin

Domestic Customers in United States and Canada Get Ready

Quadranet's bandwidth isn't all about Asia.

Quadranet has peering in place with the Equinix Exchange, Any2Exchange, and Host.net.

GTT / TiNet is being seen for transport between Jacksonville and Los Angeles currently with about 63ms of latency.

Major Security Fixes Done without Rebooting - Introducing KernelCare

Over the past few months there have been several very large security updates issued for industry standard software. These updates needed immediately installed, and have required hard reboots of our servers. Reboots of entire servers are bad for the customer experience, and they are hard on our staff.

We are in the process of deploying KernelCare across all of our servers, with an initial launch on our Los Angeles nodes. KernelCare should eliminate the dreaded reboots, and aid us in getting updates applied as soon as security fixes are made available, day or night, weekday or holiday.

More uptime makes us all happy!

Last edited by a moderator:

AutoSnipe

Verified Provider
All i can say is this is great, another quality Provider hitting Quadranet :)

172ms ping from Adelaide, Australia on the Test IP :)

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
I believe it took them almost or over 24 hours to push a patch for a recent major vulnerability so that we ended up having to reboot everything first. Their most recent update "broke" the existing vzkernel on 7 of our live servers before they caught the bug. We had to boot into single user mode and reinstall vzkernel to get the nodes to stop crashing. Both situations were discussed publicly here I think.

We've disabled automatic updates for now in light of that most recent issue. It would have been one very, very bad day if that patch reached all of our VZ nodes instead of just 7.

QuadraNet_Adam

Verified Provider
We are excited to be a part of Crissic's continued growth. I am confident that you guys will be pleased with the network, as a matter of fact we recently turned up 20Gbps of NTT to our premium mix ;)

Congrats on the expansion Skylar!

SkylarM

Verified Provider
We are excited to be a part of Crissic's continued growth. I am confident that you guys will be pleased with the network, as a matter of fact we recently turned up 20Gbps of NTT to our premium mix ;)

Congrats on the expansion Skylar!

Thanks Adam! Looking forward to a strong relationship with Quadranet.

bizzard

@SkylarM I haven't received that mail yet, haven't opt out of notifications and have active services. Just notifying as you mentioned its sent to all customers with active service.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
@SkylarM I haven't received that mail yet, haven't opt out of notifications and have active services. Just notifying as you mentioned its sent to all customers with active service.
Odd, it went out to everything, it was set to "active" accounts, which yours would be. Could you drop me a PM or contact me on IRC with your VPS IP? I'll look into your account.

amuck-landowner