amuck-landowner

Crowdfunding - Custom WHMCS Implementation

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
This thread happened.
If this thread made you quit, then god help you in the real world.
Basically what @SkylarM said...

Alright man. The point of my posts were focused on preparations. Wireless internet, while I think is a pretty far-fetched idea (good for few, not good when loaded down) maybe could work. The point of my criticism was to make sure you thought out all of your bases BEFORE you actually got to that point in time and poop bricks. No real individual enjoys screwing customers over (especially on service they already paid for), and I know you would pour all of your time into it. So the criticism was there to bring additional thought into it and strongly suggest 40k is not enough for an operation the size of which you were suggesting (at bare minimum).

It wasn't there to try and dissuade you from doing everything, it was mostly there to suggest (in a not-so-loving way) "Yo... you don't even have a single network person on there while you have a web designer (who's job probably won't be needed long-term) on there.".

My main point was simply to increase the amount of initial funding you're requesting and get an actual networking person there to help with the decision making so you don't waste your resources (and to take that web designer guy off...). The real world isn't a lovey-dovey place where everyone will support your venture even though it seems half-baked. You will get MUCH harsher criticism and hell someone might even try to steal your idea and use it themselves (with even more initial funding than what you can get). The important part is to be able to take those criticisms and improve upon it yourself (and don't let it get to you).

Yeah I'm a weiner, but the important part is to make sure you don't poop your pants and freak out when you suddenly run out of funding even before you jump out of the gates and leave your financial supports dry (also... you probably don't need a dedicated company truck for all this, but simply start out with a leased one when you need it). I'm not always right (I'm incredibly thick-skulled and close-minded although I do try to be more open-minded and accepting), so 40k could be the right amount. The point is that not everyone's always right. I may have said several contradictory statements here, but whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner