amuck-landowner

CVPS buys UGVPS

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Seems to be a seller's market right now.
More like a buyer's market where ambulance chasers buy broken toys that were destined for the junkyard.

Information policies, releases of customer data, etc. aren't being handled right at all.
Take a look at the TOS of the average low end "company." that posts offers on LET.  The average "company" knows little about running a business and even less about the legal requirements of handling customer data.

Unfortunately some customers couldn't care less about these sorts of things
Not surprising, especially here in the US where a large segment of the population's reaction to their personal info being shared is "I don't care,  I have nothing to hide."

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Take a look at the TOS of the average low end "company." that posts offers on LET.  The average "company" knows little about running a business and even less about the legal requirements of handling customer data.
What ToS?   Plenty of them don't even have them.  Most of them are freely stolen or autogenerated garbage.  I could fit an elephant through most of them and if they barked slap them legally for fun / education.

Maybe sometime soon I'll help raise the bar for wannabe hosts and newbies.  Proper checklist of all the annoying things you ought to do and a checklist to follow.  The whole ADD / autism spectrum aspect  of most of them will make following along a TL;DR facepalmer.

The protections about sharing, inheritance, and control over other people's data in the US is meh, non existent sort of.  In Europe however, entirely different creature and implications.  Takes but one of their citizens to be a customer and could be hair raising education by bureaucratic reaming.

Just a matter of time before the tax coffers need stuffed and the headhunters go finding the hosting world and spank someone to send a big message.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Yes and we do.
Might want to recheck the post above your reply, key word is more than 50% of the market, I highly doubt that. Thanks for making it easy for us to call you out on that though.
Atleast get your facts straight, I had nothing to do with UGVPS until this past week. We were only their provider. DigTheMine I was also not involved with. I did gameservers before and want nothing to do with them and never will.
Yes, you were involved, you were their provider. You as their provider could have stepped in at any time and suspended the services of UGVPS, yet you choose not to. I can guarantee that any good provider would have stepped in and did something.

@CVPS_Chris, we just want to see transparency from you, be truthful, and stop with the lies. You loose a lot of your credibility by continuing to avoid the obvious facts.

To everyone else, does the sale of UGVPS to ChicagoVPS even come as a surprise? It was bound to happen eventually, the only question was when, not if. Given the fact that ChicagoVPS has always been a shady company, this does not surprise me at all.

GIANT_CRAB

I would like to congratulate CVPS on their acquisition.

Chris, you have accomplished so much in such a short span of time (3 years).

Chris has always been working so hard for CVPS, he deserves a round of applause and should be honored on the top 10 LEB providers.

I am sure everyone from the LEB community are so proud and envious of your achievements!

I am really happy for you, Chris. Really, I am.

CVPS is going to dominate the LEB industry for sure, all hail Chris the great!

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Atleast get your facts straight, I had nothing to do with UGVPS until this past week. 

Anyways, continue.
I literally just spit coffee all over my monitor when I read this. [sarcasm]Yeah the threads and information about your involvement in UGVPS don't exist at all, and it's all clearly faked. The paypal information was clearly photoshopped and you had NOTHING to do with ANYTHING at UGVPS.[/sarcasm]

Last edited by a moderator:

SrsX

Banned
Wow, they must of paid a whole lot of... nothing to get that.

I guess Biloh gave it to them as a gift?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wow, they must of paid a whole lot of... nothing to get that.

I guess Biloh gave it to them as a gift?
Maybe a "buy one" get one free deal.  

Might explain, if we believe the legitimacy of such and that they had customers, that recent 3 years CVPS special.  Fundraising daddy.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
We do. End of story.
lol, well then may God have mercy on the soul of the poor fucker hoarding ChicagoVPS plans to offset all ones I am buying from better companies like Ramnode, BuyVM, Securedragon and Prometeus to bump you over 50%

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
We do. End of story.
Here's another quote:

Can we change the way we do things for once, call me crazy, BUT how about instead of speculating on things like you always do just to drum up drama.......... DUN DUN DUN

submit actual proof so there is no need for speculation.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Come on now Martin, we can't expect Fabozzi to exempt himself from the double standards he sets for everyone else :p

Of course, with him double standards is too difficult a concept - it just boils down to him speaking before thinking.  Again.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
lol, well then may God have mercy on the soul of the poor fucker hoarding ChicagoVPS plans to offset all ones I am buying from better companies like Ramnode, BuyVM, Securedragon and Prometeus to bump you over 50%
Problem is 50% of what market?   50% of LowEnd*  probably.   Shell co's galora and those "investments".  123-easy-as-systems, Make you say UG-VPS... do dah...

50% of the Lowend $7 special market though.   Yeah it adds up, but a gazillion customers for no cash.

It's like the humor of how many clowns can you fit in an old VW Beetle.  Now try driving that POS while overpacked and avoid crashing or getting pulled over for being wreckless.

Hxxx

"We do!"

"End of story"

How rude ^ ^ ! Take it easy, everybody can brag.

Even me: "I don't have a hosting business, but I dominate the hosting market. I own 99.999998 % of it. End of story + Fuck you".

Is this market full of kids? Did this guys (ChicagoVPS)  even know how business work?

Keep the over positive stuff, it will bite you. ChicagoVPS is shit I just heard the name a few months ago, so yes nobody knows about you. More realistic maybe you own 5% of the LEB market.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Would I be in it if there was no money? No I wouldnt be. Why do you think we are so small and make nothing?

@ you must be new then.
Of course there is money in it silly.  We both agree about that.

When I said no cash it wasn't a literation.  It's more like realistic income elsewhere vs. the deep discount income with deductions for high churn rate, chargebacks (I won't), and related other umm yeah...

amuck-landowner