amuck-landowner

DailyServerDeals - New website for VPS and Server offers - Built from the ground up and ready for ac

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Novacha,

I'd love to see functionality that allows you to search by datacenter.   So I can expressly avoid say Brokerackmountain while searching for providers offering out of Continuum.

Would be nice to have the offers and companies hinged to the actual datacenters.

Novacha

Content Contributer
Seems pretty good. Maybe consider doing some sort of multiple locations selector for plans / offers? I think that should be it.
That has been planned for a future release  :) .

Novacha,

I'd love to see functionality that allows you to search by datacenter.   So I can expressly avoid say Brokerackmountain while searching for providers offering out of Continuum.

Would be nice to have the offers and companies hinged to the actual datacenters.
Currently, datacenters are stored but only as plain text. The problem with this, is there is no set way for you to be able to filter Brokerackmountain vs BrokerackMountain vs BrokeerrackMountain if providers set the names slightly different. The solution to that is to have a mutable (editable) set of datacenters that providers can attach to their locations, but only admins can add to. This solution would lead to delays where admins would have to add a datacenter on request. It is possible though and I would like to know peoples opinions on what they want done.

Basically it would be the improved datacenter filtering against a delay in adding new datacenters. Would that be better?

Novacha

Content Contributer
I guess the above way is probably the way I will choose. I will work on migrating data across now. For now, if anyone could PM me a list of any major datacenters or datacenters you want, that would be much appreciated!

Novacha

Content Contributer
Novacha,

The feature is now implemented. You can filter datacenters on the find a plan page.

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
Personally I think Incero has enough of their own network blend to not fall under CoreXchange, but either works :) 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Personally I think Incero has enough of their own network blend to not fall under CoreXchange, but either works :)
I added them both.

There are a lot of 'datacenters' or companies offering collocation that simply have racks or cages rented from a company who owns a suite from another company who owns the building. Lot of middlemen. Just list whichever 'datacenter' you pay :)

WSWD

Verified Provider
Any chance of alphabetizing the datacenter list?

Great job on the site, by the way!!

WSWD

Verified Provider
Thanks!

Not a big deal, would just make it loads easier to find what you're looking for.  Right now, you have to go through every single one until you find what you're looking for.

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Great work guys on the site, some suggestions for the offers I also noticed that in the plan section you do not have and cpu/core amount to add, as vps hosting offers different amount of cpus we would like to see this feature added so we can let clients know how many cpus come with each package again on the bandwidth section can we add the option for unlimited please. Thanks in advance guys.

Novacha

Content Contributer
Great work guys on the site, some suggestions for the offers I also noticed that in the plan section you do not have and cpu/core amount to add, as vps hosting offers different amount of cpus we would like to see this feature added so we can let clients know how many cpus come with each package again on the bandwidth section can we add the option for unlimited please. Thanks in advance guys.
I have added cores to the plans, but unlimited plans will be a slightly further feature for the future. For now, you could put down a number like 100 TB (102400 GB), and state that is is unlimited in the post above.

datarealm

Verified Provider
Can you add "IO" to the datacenter list as well as an hourly billing option?

Thanks!!

SC-Daniel

Verified Provider
Few small suggestions that are somewhat (but not entirely) specific to the dedicated server market...

1. Allow the units of measure for items such as memory, disk, and bandwidth to be specified via a dropdown (MB, GB, TB, Mbps, Gbps)
  2. If the offer is for a dedicated server, then it should include a field to specify the CPU make/model, and number of physical CPUs, and possibly number of cores/threads.
  3. Allow the use of CIDR format in the IP fields (ex: /29 for IPv4, /64 for IPv6, etc).
Overall the system is great, good job @Novacha!

fixidixi

Suggestion: as I saw now the disabled posts are marked with orange while the default color for active posts is grey. i think this should be reversed, or the active posts should be green or sg. what i mean is that now the inactive posts are more noticable then the active ones. :)

amuck-landowner