amuck-landowner

Dedicated server for 3 €

Slownode

Man I don't get how that's possible, the ROI would be insanely long, hardware failures would wipe any hopes for a return.

The connection must be shared 20 per ded 100Mbit, otherwise the cost of connectivity alone would be quite a bit.

3 Euro a month, about $110 of hardware... 36.7 months... and then there's bandwidth and power.

I'm surprised they didn't go ARM, then you could get cost down to $80, and lower power usage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary

These are the boxes that've been ten euros a month previously. I've had one for ages, and it's been running very nicely for managing backups, doing a little torrenting and usenet-ing, grabbing stuff from Hulu (via a proxy of course) and all sorts of other stuff.

For 3 euros, it seems like a total no-brainer. Awesome for Owncloud etc.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Yup, the equivalent Kimsufi type range in in North America is more expensive which is odd, with all the space over there you would have thought they would put some cheap deals in there, bigger market, more demand and all that.

wdq

Quade
If i recall correctly they used to offer similar spec'd boxes as beta-boxes initially, then discontinued them. Not sure if they are ever going to come back, but they had a similar set of boxes before.
Oh, I remember hearing about those. Maybe at one point they'll bring them back.

mtwiscool

the $1 per year vps here we come :)

thats whats going to happen just watch leb and you will see a load of providers doing this.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
the $1 per year vps here we come :)

thats whats going to happen just watch leb and you will see a load of providers doing this.
Not quite, you are not allowed any extra IP's on the Kimsufi servers and they have limited uses with one drive.  So the LEB market is not about to crumble or drop prices.

concerto49

Verified Provider
Not quite, you are not allowed any extra IP's on the Kimsufi servers and they have limited uses with one drive. So the LEB market is not about to crumble or drop prices.
A lot of LEB buyers don't care sadly. They just want more disk, ram and cpu. They compare you to specs ignoring a lot of things. Hence the super overselling trend and now this :(

amuck-landowner