amuck-landowner

Ding! Dong! Santrex is dead!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Thank you to a helpful soul on WHT for passing along a very interesting email that states Santrex, the scum of the internet, is bankrupt and closing up shop:

We regret to inform you that due to internal network issues and recent downtime, we have moved your account directly to our partner in Lithuania to provide you with a replacement service, for you to be able to receive your new VPS details, you will have to email [email protected] direcly quoting the email address you hold on our system to be able to start using your service again.

Once they receive your email they will confirm with us, and deliver your order, they'll also invoice you directly from now onwards, our partner is in no way responsible for your downtime, refunds or balances, they are only acting on our behalf to provide you with services as we no longer are in business to provide you with any services:

Netherlands and Ukraine services: Please backup your data as the servers will be shut down within 7 working days.

All other locations: Due to downtime and data losses you may just request your service from our partner free of charge.

***** Please note that Santrex is no longer going to provide any services of any kind, and since we're unable to do so, we're doing our best to provide you with services to minimize the losses on your end, we will not be able to refund any balances you may have had with us, and the deal with our partner will ONLY be 30 days free of charge from the date of delivery, if you have paid us any longer periods for your server we will try our best to fulfil after 30 days, there is no guarantee what so ever that we will be able to do so *****

***** Please do not reply back to this email, and deal directly with our partner *****

Regards,

Santrex team
It has been a long time coming. At one point they had an entire /19 or even an /18 listed with spamhaus

and other BL's for all of the botnets, booters, & spammers they hosted. They ended up renumbering customers

instead of trying to cleanup the subnets.

Francisco

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
Now I need a new comparison to use for bad hosts. "downtime like Scamtrex (Santrex)" was a very effective comparison for getting hosts to pick up their game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

So did Santrex ever get there own IPv4 space? if so I wonder what they will do with it...

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Last time I heard about them they were using NForce's PayPal address to accept PP payments

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
So did Santrex ever get there own IPv4 space? if so I wonder what they will do with it...
They own 46.166.128.0/18 - even if it does get auctioned off I'm sure it'll go cheap considering how much abuse has come from that range.

Jack

They own 46.166.128.0/18 - even if it does get auctioned off I'm sure it'll go cheap considering how much abuse has come from that range.
Still a /18 to someone in the EU would be good... considering to go to RIPE you'll only get a /22.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Shocked this didn't happen a few years back.

Well atleast they managed to bankrupt than get raped by the police.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Balticservers is dirty I am sure they won't mind probably included in the 'sale'/'takeover'.
Are they?? That's a shame :( Their owner/rep seems to be a nice fellow.

I know I yelled at him at one point but that's because it originally seemed like his website was a rip of someone elses. Ended up they were both his sites, just translated :D

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Shocked this didn't happen a few years back.

Well atleast they managed to bankrupt than get raped by the police.
Last I heard the owner was in Egypt so it isn't like they could touch him anyways.

Francisco

Jack

Are they?? That's a shame :( Their owner/rep seems to be a nice fellow.

I know I yelled at him at one point but that's because it originally seemed like his website was a rip of someone elses. Ended up they were both his sites, just translated :D

Francisco

I am sure he allows you to host stuff like warez ect big host at WJunction (If that still exists)

4EtCy.png

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I am sure he allows you to host stuff like warez ect big host at WJunction (If that still exists)

4EtCy.png
Well, look at the country they're in :) I'm pretty sure if you look for any EU DC they'll have the same results.

Francisco

Reactions: scv

Jack

Looks like RiotSecurity is sharing his love with you Fran, More than writing a blog post this time though.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Heh I'll take their IP block if they don't want it - glad to see these guys go I've seen some nasty stff coming to our network from them.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
You are too late. Their /18 is already mnt-by DUOMENUCENTRAS-MNT. In other words, BalticServers already took it.
It's going to take a long time for that subnet to calm down. There's likely sooooo much bot traffic on it.

Francisco

RiotSecurity

Balticservers is dirty I am sure they won't mind probably included in the 'sale'/'takeover'.
Some booters from hf skids are hosted there.

Here's a nice list of companies who run booters for hackforums skiddies:

Phantom Stresser - 93.115.93.45

YouDown - 37.221.160.37

Legion Stresser - 89.248.161.144

illuminati Stresser - 89.248.161.157

Destress Booter - 37.221.160.124

Hyper Stresser - 192.241.151.17

DDoSEM - 93.114.43.131

Dynasty Stresser - 198.27.120.192

MasterBoot - 198.58.110.52

Chaos Stresser - 108.61.24.115

SnowStresser - 198.12.15.203

BigBangBooter - 198.12.15.205

reBOOT/complexity - 198.12.14.86

Refiend Stresser - 173.245.31.245

Titanium Stresser - 198.46.158.94

PowerStresser - 94.102.51.123

Anonymous Stresser - 8.2.120.122

QuantomStresser - 82.221.96.224

(mostly voxility/ecatel, however you see cnservers ddos protection there, etc)

amuck-landowner