amuck-landowner

Do web host really use SSD drives?

Hostfinch

SSD is the trend right now in the market, and many hosting companies usually go for SSD.
Better read their constraints before investing as Unlimited also has some limits.

intovps

"Unlimited" is to be taken with a grain of salt.

But SSD or not expensive anymore, even NVMe became affordable.

I remember when a physical SSD costed 1$ / GB or or even $3 / GB. Not the case any more.

I have recently seen an offer where a server host is providing unlimited SSD space, I don't think it is SSD?
Anyone seen such hosting offers?

As others have mentioned, there's often times a catch or fine print with hosting plans that offer unlimited storage. If you're considering a hosting plan with unlimited storage (and truly need lots of storage), you should check their Terms Of Service and Fair Usage Policy for certain restrictions, such as limits regarding I/O usage, IOPS, processes, CPU usage, etc.

qtechservers

The hosting companies offering unlimited disk will usually have a lot of conditions attached to it. In most cases, their condition is that the space can be used only for the website. For example, you cannot use the space as a sort of offsite backup space for your home or office computer.

hostneverdie

Some web hosting providers use SSD, but no hosting companies actually provide unlimited hosting. It should be called unmetered.

amuck-landowner