amuck-landowner

Do you support bitcoins for payments?

Abdussamad

I think we've had less than 10 successful orders with bitcoins. We find that the vast majority of orders that select bitcoin as the payment method get marked as fraud by Maxmind. Then again, just because they select a payment method on order doesn't mean much since we have a lot of people select Paypal and then pay with Google Wallet and vise-versa.

I've considered offering specials just for bitcoin users because the fees are so much lower than any other payment processor. I wish WHMCS had an easy way to offer discounts based on payment methods but I might just have to make special plans for it.
Ok good info :)  There is a thread about this very same topic on WHT and the providers there have had no orders paying with bitcoin yet. Anyway bitcoin is still in its infancy. In time it will become easier for consumers to buy bitcoins and then there will be more orders.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
BitPay, isn't that being funded by former PayPal rich man Peter Thiel?
I dunno, I think I recall them getting some funding and from what I understand they have been hiring.

The service pretty much just works, no maintenance or accounting, just gets converted and swept into the bank

fusa

Verified Provider
We also use bitcoins with BitPay as payment gateway. Easy to setup, easy to work with and low fees.

But you still need to verify users after signup to avoid abuse. We even have company's that pay us with bitcoins, I don't know how they do this (legally).

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Same here, we use bitpay for bitcoin payments. Now we just need a way to accept litecoin.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
We were thinking about it... Have a BitPay account setup, just not sure if the market is there yet to put it up... I guess it wouldn't hurt...

Chronic

Anyone interested in accepting Bitcoin payments should look into Coinbase. I don't have personal experiences with them, but I heard from multiple sources that the service is great.

Hopefully more providers will realise it is worth accepting Bitcoin payments due to the lack of chargebacks and low fees - I'd love to pay for my VPS with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarthVPN

Is there a bitcoin merchant gateway for transferring bitcoin funds to offshore bank accounts or to a paypal account ?

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
The logistics of accepting banks from every country is alot, most will not facilitate ach type sweeps.

Abdussamad

The logistics of accepting banks from every country is alot, most will not facilitate ach type sweeps.
ACH is US only. International bank transfers are via the SWIFT system. You can send a SWIFT wire transfer to any country on the planet so the money transfer is not the problem. I bet they have difficulty complying with government regulations in the US.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
We successfully accept bitcoins.

Fraud (at least in the sense of 'being chargebacked') is not possible with Bitcoin, so I am not sure Maxmind-screening them is really necessary.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
We also use bitcoins with BitPay as payment gateway. Easy to setup, easy to work with and low fees.

But you still need to verify users after signup to avoid abuse. We even have company's that pay us with bitcoins, I don't know how they do this (legally).
Honestly I think there is not much incentive to abuse services bought with Bitcoin.  As there is no way to regain the bitcoins after the service is terminated, most people want to get their money's worth from it.

At least, I haven't seen any elevated abuse complaints with it.

amuck-landowner