amuck-landowner

Do you think it is fair that cpanel & whmcs should cost more than the server

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Since we are comparing apples and oranges.

Put the WHMCS and CPanel costs in light of what the average worker in Thailand makes per day which is 300 baht.

SeriesN

Verified Provider

Put the WHMCS and CPanel costs in light of what the average worker in Thailand makes per day which is 300 baht.
But you are from Switzerland right?

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
For those that need it, it's hard to put a value on a piece of software that helps them use their VPS to its fullest potential, rather than just having it sit around as a hunk of virtual hardware. It's like paying for management, except you can do it yourself. That's actually worth a lot to some people.

Zach

Verified Provider
The price of WHMCS + cPanel is a small price to pay for the amount you could potentially make.  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

You Thai?

Sawatekah!

I was learning Thai for like, a short moment...

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
You Thai?

Sawatekah!

I was learning Thai for like, a short moment...
kob kun krab, but no... Was there on holiday for two weeks. Just got back the other day.
It was something I lernt there, spoke to some people who survived the tsunami and I am fortunate to have in that perspective lived a simple life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holoshed

One thing I decided from the beginning was that I would keep billing and vps control panels off of anything connected to the business (as in not a solusvm instance on my server or anyone else). It does cost extra in the long run but I decided that separate server + proxmox + separate vms for every service gave more security and isolation to clients and myself.

For the cost of software to run the business, I say if you are going to do it right you will see slow growth but a time will exist where you pay for everything out of your own pocket and if you cannot afford to carry your products and yourself for as long as it takes you should not open the business.

I do wish I had money or time to make my own panels but as many other hosts out there, I depend on others and thus I pay the licensing for those products.

ThePrimeHost

Verified Provider
Absolutely fair.

If you don't like it you can use Kloxo (free) or DirectAdmin (cheap) and some free or cheap billing/support software.

Only a small percentage of people with Virtual Servers use low-end 'cheap' servers, so I doubt they're going to change their pricing scheme to cater to the lowest paying market of all.
Indeed. Cpanel and WHMCS are both quality products. Quality products cost. It's like asking for a new ferrari for the cost of a kia. Not gonna happen unless there is a catch.

FireWood

And it really shouldnt matter how much it costs. If you are really serious about starting a web hostng business, you should already be willing to spend as much money as possible.

ThePrimeHost

Verified Provider
And it really shouldnt matter how much it costs. If you are really serious about starting a web hostng business, you should already be willing to spend as much money as possible.
Not to mention what users have come to expect. Users want cpanel. If you can't provide it then you need to look for a cheaper alternative which really isn't an option for mainstream hosting.

amuck-landowner