amuck-landowner

Do you use Bitcoin?

SGC-Hosting

Verified Provider
Which of the fly-by-night, probably insecure exchanges would you suggest he use then?
I think coinbase supports close to 20 countries now and you can secure the exchange rate by instantly converting to cash.

I've been receiving a ton of orders using bitcoin lately with customers hosting illegal content -- I usually end up having to close their accounts within hours.

VikingLayer

Yes, we accept bitcoin though BitPay, customers rarely use it though. Most people seem to perfer just using Paypal.

BitPay support is awesome though, quick and helpful answes while it took Coinbase over a week to answer our email.

Last edited by a moderator:

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
BitPay support is awesome though, quick and helpful answes while it took Coinbase over a week to answer our email.
Yeah Bitpay is by and large the only decent part of the Bitcoin ecosystem, mostly because they have a ton of VC backing to burn through and because they willingly assume all the risk by locking in exchange prices

That venture capital bubble they are floating on has to pop eventually though

kunnu

Verified Provider
If you are not accepting Bitcoins then you are lossing 10% to 60% customers.

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
We did some internal testing with BitPay and with current clients and there seems to be a lot of interest in it. We will officially start accepting it next month. 

- Daniel :)

kunnu

Verified Provider
Problem with bitcoin: On every 1 day of month, price dropped from $400 to $300 per btc.

Srvify

Verified Provider
Just signed up for bitpay based off the recommendations in this thread. I will be interested to see if it catches on and changes our conversion rates at all. 

Serveo

Verified Provider
We are staying away from bitcoin, why? Nice to use as a buyer or investor, but when it comes to business I like to "trust" "regulated" certified banks.

Abdussamad

We are staying away from bitcoin, why? Nice to use as a buyer or investor, but when it comes to business I like to "trust" "regulated" certified banks.
Bitpay is regulated. You may want to look up bitlicense as well.

Bitcoin is actually a much better deal for merchants than for consumers. That is why merchant adoption has been so great. For consumers bitcoin is volatile and you can't chargeback so if you send money to the wrong party you are pretty much screwed. For merchants there is no risk of reversal and, with bitcoin payment processors, you get fiat so no volatility. It's also cheaper than CC processing.

I'd like to point you guys to this tweet from dell: https://twitter.com/Dell/status/490254713221165057

TurnkeyInternet

Verified Provider
We setup with bitpay, had the module and planned to promote it.  Problem is that we still wanted to avoid anonymous troublemaker users, so it was counter to the clientelle we wanted to attract.  While there is a % of legit folks out there wanting to transact anon and use bitcoins, there are far larger number of people into stuff that would be counter to our ToS that get attracted to that form of anon service.  As soon as we consirered making them verify identity (phone, photo ID, or anything) it completely defeated the purpose of bitcoin payers - so we scrapped it for now on our end in terms of promoting it and offering it directly.

Technically paypal is accepting bitcoins through there since Septemeber but paypal requires you to be verified through them so it again defeats the anon aspect of bitcoin for most people.

jamaica

Verified Provider
Any ideas on how I can accept bitcoin payments with US dollar while I have no legal business in USA?

GigaboxHost

Verified Provider
We accept Bitcoin and it works great, it helped us increase sales and we have had no problems with the clientelle that use it.

Wild1145

We did accept bitcoins for a very short amount of time, but when nobody used it we decided it wasnt worth it and switched onto Stripe only before then moving back to PayPal.

amuck-landowner