amuck-landowner

DotVPS.co Jack's Company Sold to Oktay/Serverian/Backupsy/etc.

peterw

I might be wrong about this, but I see a new wave of low end dedi pushed into the market, which might change the VPS market.  :mellow:

Some of VPS customers might move to cheap dedis, but the scariest part is new summer hosts, getting rich quick hosts, wannabe hosts (you name it) will spread like mushroom as a side effect of the cheap dedi wave attraction, and they come with unbelievably amazing pricing offers (sometimes deception marketing tricks). The phenomenon will not last long but it might disturb the already saturated market, which make the business even harder.  :(
True words. If 10 companies are offering the same stuff at the same location with the same level of service only 2 will survive.

qps

Verified Provider
I might be wrong about this, but I see a new wave of low end dedi pushed into the market, which might change the VPS market.  :mellow:
Low priced dedicated servers are nothing new.  We've been offering servers at the $49 per month price point since 2005.

vRozenSch00n

Low priced dedicated servers are nothing new.  We've been offering servers at the $49 per month price point since 2005.
True, but there is one who sells at $20/month (paid quarterly) for quite a powerful machine and $5/months (paid annually) for atoms. 

Jack

Disappointed at first I have to say... But I'm looking forward to seeing how things work out.
Hi, Why are you disappointed? The hardware that Oktay is going to be deploying in the UK at-least is much much better than the current.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Looking good. Couldn't think of a better person to own the business along with Jack still being able to run it.

All the best :p

sleddog

Con: I've had service with a few VPS companies that have been bought out, and it inevitably meant that service went to crap.

Pro: I'm a client of serverian through his Backupsy brand, and it's been excellent.

So I guess I shouldn't be too concerned.

I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarland

The ocean is digital
I must say this surprise me a lot.

I wonder should i move out some of my "kinda-important" vps to somewhere else, or everything will just be fine. :unsure:
Oktay is about as solid as they come. Jack always takes care of his clients too. All in all I'd say this is a positive announcement.

maounique

I am not sure it is positive or negative, just that I dont see any future problems with Oktay. The Sultan of Hosting manages many brands already, one more wont be felt.

amuck-landowner