amuck-landowner

Favorite current Linux Desktop OS

nunim

VPS Junkie
Any good alternatives to Crunchbang?  I was sad when I saw the news about stopping development.

I've been using Xbuntu lately on my laptop but I miss crunchy :(  Mint was a bit bloated last time I had tried it, I'd rather have something lightweight/functional rather than pretty.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Any good alternatives to Crunchbang?  I was sad when I saw the news about stopping development.

I've been using Xbuntu lately on my laptop but I miss crunchy :(  Mint was a bit bloated last time I had tried it, I'd rather have something lightweight/functional rather than pretty.
I am with you on this new OS need.  Mint is hit or miss for me.  Upgrade stream and new install historically turned me off.

I am running Debian and Xubuntu and love/hate with both.  Feel like I am stagnant and pile of software and approaches are dated.  I like Crunch up front because some new tools I and others found from it, plus really light.

There is ArchBang :) http://wiki.archbang.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

nunim

VPS Junkie
I am with you on this new OS need.  Mint is hit or miss for me.  Upgrade stream and new install historically turned me off.

I am running Debian and Xubuntu and love/hate with both.  Feel like I am stagnant and pile of software and approaches are dated.  I like Crunch up front because some new tools I and others found from it, plus really light.

There is ArchBang :) http://wiki.archbang.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
I've never serious tried Arch myself but I'd really prefer to stick with something Debian based, as I  :wub:  apt

I really liked Crunchbang's status/shortcut bar, I realize that I can create something like that on any distro but it's was a nice pre-made feature.

I'll probably end up sticking with Xubuntu for now as it's reasonably lightweight and gets the job done.

Last edited by a moderator:

zionvps

Verified Provider
Forever Gentoo. If only it could play league of legends on my home PC natively i'd have it instead of Windows

souen

Fedora 21 Xfce. Mostly I like the great selection of apps/packages ready to go. I had Arch on my Pi, which, aside from trouble setting up the wireless adapter each time I did a reinstall, worked very well. I'll be adding Arch to my next fresh install.

amuck-landowner